GunBroker alternatives?

Its been a while since I bought or sold anything on GunBroker. The last time I sold something, it was a non-paying bidder, I requested a refund on the fees but got nowhere. They try to charge my credit card for taxes on a gun I bought a few months prior to that, the card is valid and current but they can't seem to make it work. Its about a wash on the taxes vs the fees, so I just let it go. I don't have another card to put on the account and you are not allowed to have an account without a credit card attached. Bottom line is that I no longer use gunbroker.
There are times when I want to buy something, usually a used rifle or something odd. Is there an alternative to gunbroker that is any good?

You can sift through the chaff on Armslist. I think they have less traffic since you need an account to contact people. Some put contact info in the ad.

Gun forums classified can work, or consignment at a local shop. You’ll give up some in price with others doing the selling for you.

I've been a member on Gunbroker for about 15 years, I just bought a new Benelli SBE3 off of that site. However what I usually do, is find what I'm looking for, rarely bid, and I contact the dealer directly for a purchase. Which I completely understand won't work on an item that is listed on a bidding auction that has already gotten bids.

Back