SightMark Wraith: Breaking In The Wraith

Kirsch

As I use thermal for nighttime hunting exclusively, I wanted to try the Sightmark Wraith for daytime hunting. The video is from an afternoon to early evening hunt which included 5 stands. One hunt is just a start, but so far I really like the Wraith 4K.

Specs for the Wraith can be found here

You can find them at Night Goggles

Originally Posted By: john300excKorey, Would you describe your remote mount on the tripod?
Thanks It's kind of funny you ask because I started mounting my remote like this many years ago. When I would post videos, it is typically the first question I get asked. I took the idea to Night Goggles and we talked about potentially making a more universal option but in the end decided not to sell it as a product. About 1 year later, someone took the idea and sold a product with pretty much the same concept for quite a bit more. If you snooze, you lose.

This may or may not work depending on the width of your tripod legs. I have used two different options. The first should work with about any remote that has a flat portion on the back of the remote. You connect the remote to the tripod leg with a magnetic bike mount. One of the cons is you need to mount a metal plate to the back of the remote.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZTJ6KL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This does work for instance with the Night Stalker tripods. It does not work with the Night Stalker Pro because the legs are too wide for this bike adapter to grab. There may be other magnetic mounts that are wide enough but I found the following mount that I have been testing so far this year, and it uses a friction mount instead of a magnet. I wish the arms that hold the remote were just a little deeper but it does work.
Option 1
Option 2

These two are pretty much the exact same product. This may or may not work for your remote depending on the width. It works with the FoxPro TX1000. On the video on stand #2, I hit the remote with my arm talking and it kind of started to come off. With the magnetic one, that typically won't happen but there are pros and cons to each.

This is a nice way to always have the remote handy, in a good spot. I started doing this for night hunting, and I now use it for day or night. If standing this is going to be more difficult as it will be mounted too low, but if you sit, it can be in about the perfect position. It is easily accessible but out of the way. I don't use the bands as it seems like overkill. I suppose if a person wanted to mount it and keep it there more permanently, a person could.

Great video, Korey. You surely did knock the stuffings out of that first one.

What are your thoughts of the Wraith in the night time?

6mm, I haven't even turned on the IR light. With my thermal equipment it will not see any night time hunting action, but I may try it out just looking around some night if I have some spare tiem to try and answer a few questions.

Thanks. Would be nice to hear your thoughts of the scope for night hunting, how clear the view is, distance etc.

Back