.222 Bobcat Load

I just put together some 45gr SPs over a charge of 800x for cats and close coyotes.

Data is available for lighter loads with 800x and Bluedot on the Calhoun bullet sight. It is in an article called "To Bee or 223" or something like that. My standard load is a 52gr bullet and is zeroed at 200 yards, the 45gr load hits dead on at 100 yards with the same sight setting. It is nice to be able to switch loads without having to freight the rifle.

LOL, When I read the thread title I'm pretty sure this computer mouse hit a new speed record. Thought I'd stumbled across info on a new round myself!

Try Hornady 52gr BTHP. My favorite bullet for not blowing stuff up. I've only shot it in the .223 but it should work fine either way.

Originally Posted By: SamsquanchLOL, When I read the thread title I'm pretty sure this computer mouse hit a new speed record. Thought I'd stumbled across info on a new round myself!

When I read the title I thought someone had asked Kevin Weaver to make a 22 caliber version of his 20 Bobcat which is Kevin's version of a 20-222 Improved with a 40° shoulder.

I have a load worked up for my 222 using the Barnes 36 gr Varmint Grenade. I have not shot a cat with it but it is wonderful on the song dogs. I can't remember now what powder I am using as I am not close to my reloading data.

Back