The Engineer

Coyotejunki

An Engineer dies but lands in [beeep].
He’s talking with Satan & says, “What a terrible place! It’s very hot, dark, smoky”
Satan says, “Well, what did you expect? this IS [beeep]!”
The engineer says “Do you have a compressor, some tubing, and wire?
Satan says, “Yeah, we might have some of that stuff around, I’ll check and see what I can find for you.”
Satan finds the stuff & the engineer starts designing improvements. After a while, [beeep] has air conditioning, iced water, good lighting, flush toilets & escalators. The engineer is a pretty popular!
One day God calls and tells Satan, “Say, we had a mix-up. I was checking records & discovered that by error an engineer got sent down to you. He should have come to Heaven. All engineers go to Heaven. You need to transfer him up here.”
Satan says, "Why, things are going great. We've now got air conditioning, iced water, flush toilets, great lighting, and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next. We like him! We’re going to keep him.”
God is horrified. "That's clearly a mistake! He should never have gone down there in the first place! Send him up here immediately!"
Satan says, "No way! I really like having an engineer on the staff. I'm keeping him.”
God says, “Send him back up here or I'll sue you!”
Satan laughs, “Yeah, right, Good luck on that, where do you expect to find a Lawyer?!"

Back