What AR trigger do you like for hunting?

I like my Timney and CMC 3# single-stagers.

"Myself, I prefer a single stage, as I want a steady pull through. A 2 stage messes with my mind, as I'm feeling for that second stage and it takes me longer to get the shot off on fast moving targets." Agree completely. Perhaps it's because all my rifles are SS, and I don't want something different to mess with my mind when I'm drawing down on Wile E. Nothing at all wrong with two-stage if they work for you, but I like consistency.

Timney Calvin Elite. Fully adjustable trigger shoe type (several included), position, and orientation. Single stage 1.5 lb pull weight. Awesome!

Really starting to fade away from Geissele since Bill has gotten so money hungry but I must say, their G2S and SSA-E are great if you can find em for a decent price. I dont think the G2S is worth the $160-$200 people seem to be charging for it. Thats what the SSA-E should be normally. I paid $125 for my G2S but have seen it as low as $100 on Black friday. The SSA-E I paid $160 or $180, cant remember. Its really good too but the G2S is going to be a huge improvement over stock.

Really figured a 2-stage would throw me for a loop when trying to shoot a running coyote coming into a call? I'm newer to AR's and I'm in need of a trigger, and just figured 1-stage were the only way to go for a hunting setup.

Wonder if adjusting to a 2-stage trigger would be comparable to the Savage Accutriggers?

I agree with you kpb, I wouldnt want a 2 stage for hunting. I dont think theres any adjusting on them, the 1st stage pulls way harder than an accutrigger blade.
Get a JARD single stage adjustable drop-in.

You can use a 2 stage trigger just like a single stage trigger. Never been an issue to me when hunting.

I've got 3 RRA 2 stage triggers, and 3 Rise 3 lb single stage triggers on mine.

Originally Posted By: kpb
Wonder if adjusting to a 2-stage trigger would be comparable to the Savage Accutriggers?

Pretty much. I switched to low power springs from JP or Kaw Valley in 2 Rock Rivers and a Larue MBT. Makes them feel fairly similar to my Savages. Works for me, but I'm sure a 2stage isn't for everybody.

I have a 3 lb Timney competition that I like a lot. I also have an old mil-spec that I put springs and the grip screw from Joe Bobs in that is great. Makes me hate all my others.

Last edited:
I use RRA 2 stage varmint on all my ARs. Same goes with grips and stocks. Doesn't matter if I'm shooting my 20 Prac or 6.8, fit, feel and trigger are all the same.

Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanLarue MBT2
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Ive always liked single stage triggers but this one change everything. Now i have alot of them. Cant go wrong with them plus they are under $100.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: kpbReally figured a 2-stage would throw me for a loop when trying to shoot a running coyote coming into a call? I'm newer to AR's and I'm in need of a trigger, and just figured 1-stage were the only way to go for a hunting setup.

Before I tried a 2 Stage, I was apprehensive. Now, I almost prefer it. You can use em both ways. A good one will be hard to notice that wall and you could pull right through it. Both of the Geissele triggers I run I normally shoot them like a 1 stage unless I am doing sight in/load development OR I am trying to make a hit at an extended distance. Truth be told, it probably wont matter which way you go

I forgot to add, I do have a RRA 2 Stage and you can tell its an $80 trigger. Not bad, but the Geissele G2S is better for $40 more.

Last edited:
I have 5 ar15's and they all have a Geissele Hi-Speed NM trigger. The only negative is I don't have flat triggers in them.

i use 3.5lb single stage casette style triggers.

i have a couple timneys, and a few RA140's

my "mil spec" triggers all have been modded with the yellow trigger spring, red hammer spring kits from Joebobs.

Back