Charger and Batteries

soup

Folks ,
I'm about to order a WT caller . Think it's called the Atom Laut .
I want to buy a charger and batteries ONCE . What do I need and where should I look for the best deal ??
Thank you in advance for your time ,help and consideration.
Semper Fi,
Soup

I have EBL 2800 Ah and their 8 bay charger for my WT. I have 24 batteries as the caller take 10 batteries and I can keep a full set charged in the bag. For the remote I have a package of non-rechargeable lithium AA that I keep in the bag also. The 8 bay charge I bought with the batteries can charge off a USB port so it will work off the solar system on my hunting truck when I go on extended hunting trips.

Living out in the sticks I buy everything from Amazon delivery right to the door and no cost returns if not right.

WT has battery recommendations right in the MA Laut specs on their sight. They are listed under "Power requirements"

Folks ,
The reason for my questions on batteries and chargers is because I know nothing about calling coyotes ! Or what to buy right the first time . I'm not a spring chicken to say the least . How many moons my buddy and I have left to hunt is ??? Plus we live in NJ have have only 80 acres mostly cultivated fields with some woods to hunt , but surrounded by hundreds of acres of woods . We've seen them at dawn and right past dusk while archery hunting . They can be taken incidentally while deer hunting , but our permit season is in January to April . Shotguns only at night and also centerfire rifles up to .24 caliber in the day light . From what I've read daylight seems to be good .
Are they hard to call in the woods ??
Thank you in advance for your time , help and consideration .
Soup

Unless your going to get into this big time I think your caller purchase is going overboard. I own a WT but have a bunch of other callers. A caller is only a small part of calling predators stand location and stand management is far more important a good predator caller with the cheapest caller will call far more predators than an inexperienced caller with the most expensive caller.

80 acres is not much of a area to call. Is the wooded areas around you open to calling. Do you plan on expanding your hunting areas to other places? I know little of NJ as far as public lands. Here where I hunt, I hunt an area of about 10,000 square MILES and that is within an hours drive of the house and most of it is public land.

I'm almost 75 and hunt predators at least a couple days a week and take long hunting trips a week to a month at a time.

Hunting coyotes in the woods is just different than hunting them in out in the open country but all the same things apply as far as wind, stand select, stand management etc. I really like hunting thicker cover. With your limited areas I would hunt them from your deer stands maybe in the off season enhanced with a caller.

These are callers in my arsenal. All pics are from last winter.

FoxPro original CS-24
DIlf7o.jpg

Old Minaska M-1 Bandit
wZlF4l.jpg

Inexpensive JS caller
JZ51KG.jpg

No pics of the WT as I just bought it this summer but will be out with it this week hopefully for some photos.

Last edited:
Well it's quite appearant I've not projected myself properly . I thank AWS for his input . I'm not about to hunt on a motorcycle . I do use a Honda Rubicon atv all time, as does my hunting partner . We're both about the same age .
Our property is only 80 acres , both sides of a country road with about 15 acres of woods . One side is a 300+ acre farm with pastures and about 150 acres or more of dense woods , the other side is 130 acres of woods , behind us is 170 acres of woods , across the road is about 100 acres of woods on one side and 75 on the other side . I see no one else hunting coyotes , and we would know as hunting land is hard to get on .The WT caller was our choice as it seems to have a pretty good reputation and not a lot of call backs . I have and still use mouth calls but not much since the fox went away .Keep in mind everyone is entitled to an opinion on a product .
We can't use anything large than #4 buck day or night hunting and rifles up to .24 cal in the day .
We're looking for Information from personal use . Lots of other folks in the country , not necessarily from the SW seem to do good with shotguns for both fox and coyote , although I haven't seen a fox since the coyotes showed up . Good equipment makes a hunt a little easier and poor equipment seems to always fail at the worst time plus cost more in the long run . I bought a FoxPro caller at a sport show in Harrisburg , PA with a decoy and we've had issues with it .Plus the remote .

I'd like to know which way to go with batteries and charger ??? Also is it going to be difficult to draw the yotes from the woods to the fields .

Thank you all very much for your indulgence . I know archery seasons are opening in various states and giant whitetail bucks are in all of our heads .
But if you have something to share , and don't care to get into a debate , you can always drop me a PM .
I appreciate everyone's sharing , I sound like Bernie Sanders !!!!!!
Semper Fi
Soup

Last edited:
WT is a great caller I like mine.

I already addresses the battery/charger recommendations.

It is always easier to call coyotes in the cover where they feel safe than to try a and call them out of it where they are exposed. Night time gives them more of sense of security.

I hunt coyotes and a few birds. Big gàme lost it's rush along time ago.

Last edited:
Back