Bridge Mount options

BAYSTATE YOTE

Gents
I am upgrading my helmet setup with a MH-25 with a Mun rail, I have a Wilcox G-11 that I was using with a standard J arm for the my PVS-14.
Thinking of the thermal over the left eye, and PVS-14 over the right.
Any idea for bridge mounts?

I have had fairly good luck with the KVC bridge and using a 14/skeet on a G22 mount. I have not used other bridges outside of an actual goggle set but the reason I went with the KVC was it holds the different optics horizontal throughout different interpupillary distances. On bridges that swing (like a NV goggle like a pvs31, dtnvs, pvs15, etc) the square thermal screen will rotate and might not be flat at your particular setting.

The KVC OSS mount does a fairly good job of letting you adjust the dovetail location on your pvs14 to get the ocular pieces lined up nicely. I have a picture somewhere I will post when I find it, hope that helps.

The RQE, now KVC are hard to get due to mil contract, and slow supply. I would look into the Wilcox Dual bridge as well. The Obverse Shoe Set (OSS) will work fine with either mount you go with, I use both. Let me know if I can help with anything, I'm close to riggin up about 50 helmets for customers. And currently run the OSS with a Vyper14 paired with a Skeetir, a PVS 14 paired with an MH25 and will be getting in some new super secret squirrel sh*t here soon to run one on as well!

Far left on the helmet in the pic, you can see the tan Vyper14, with the black OSS just below the objective focus. I the Dual bridge is also one of the limited tan RQE's that I wish KVC would kick back up again.

48965207243_8fcdfaa459_k.jpg

Skinney,

I hadnt seen that particular bridge...looks like it keeps the thermal horizontal throughout IPD adjustment like the KVC? If so that would definitely be the route to go as the KVC is hard to come by. I bought a second KVC without needing it at the moment just because it is so hard to find in stock/not many get put up for sale.

EDIT after pic:
Jealous of the tan KVC. When is the next podcast Brother?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SIerraLimaSkinney,

I hadnt seen that particular bridge...looks like it keeps the thermal horizontal throughout IPD adjustment like the KVC? If so that would definitely be the route to go as the KVC is hard to come by. I bought a second KVC without needing it at the moment just because it is so hard to find in stock/not many get put up for sale.

Yes sir, it does keep the IPD adjustment exactly like the KVC, it's the same exact design. I've spoken with Bobby the fella who developed RQE before basically selling his Patent to Knights who basically rebranded the RQE to KVC and marked the bridge up more $$$. Same product as yours different name.

Gonna have Getemclose aka Mitch Kvernum on one this week! Then getting into more after that! Let me know if you fellas are interested in specifics!!!

Last edited:
Thats good to know there is a second option with that wilcox. RQE definitely thought outside on the box on his stuff. 1 of my bridges is the KVC rebranded, and the second is an older RQE but neither are the sexy tan color...

[beeep] yeah, can't wait for the podcast.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1MrVhuo5I&list=PLTJnkgTkJTToSDiAqVgEVdqY-kAzLl7Bl

James can answer all the various places he uploads it to, but if you arent familiar with his youtube channel you should watch. Production quality and effort is second to none. Episode 1 of the podcast is linked above and he has a playlist for all the podcast episodes.

Episode 8,12,13,15 cover topics related to NV/Thermal which I am sure they discuss bridges and helmets in. Very solid info presented from guys who have had their hands on a lot.

For discussion in this thread, the "fusion" of thermal and NV can be tricky. Some peoples brains dont like it, some dont mind and some people practice enough to make it work for them. But having a quick change bridge like the wilcox or RQE/KVC shown above can make the setup very handy for swapping out a second pvs14, or handing one of the devices to a friend.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SIerraLimahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1MrVhuo5I&list=PLTJnkgTkJTToSDiAqVgEVdqY-kAzLl7Bl

James can answer all the various places he uploads it to, but if you arent familiar with his youtube channel you should watch. Production quality and effort is second to none. Episode 1 of the podcast is linked above and he has a playlist for all the podcast episodes.

Episode 8,12,13,15 cover topics related to NV/Thermal which I am sure they discuss bridges and helmets in. Very solid info presented from guys who have had their hands on a lot.

For discussion in this thread, the "fusion" of thermal and NV can be tricky. Some peoples brains dont like it, some dont mind and some people practice enough to make it work for them. But having a quick change bridge like the wilcox or RQE/KVC shown above can make the setup very handy for swapping out a second pvs14, or handing one of the devices to a friend.

Thanks for the kind words brother! They are much appreciated!

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEGents
I am upgrading my helmet setup with a MH-25 with a Mun rail, I have a Wilcox G-11 that I was using with a standard J arm for the my PVS-14.
Thinking of the thermal over the left eye, and PVS-14 over the right.
Any idea for bridge mounts?

Just realized you had mentioned a G11, not sure if there are dovetail conversions for those or if you will need to pick up a G24/dovetail mount to run a bridge. Dont think there has been a bayonet bridge unless there is a dovetail to bayonet adapter

Wow, I have been away for a few weeks and just looked at the replys, thanks guys you are awesome!!!!If I have any more questions I will ask, thanks again!!

Back