Ecaller upgrade suggestions.

Farmer8430

Currently I have a FoxPro Crossfire with the tx505 remote. For me it is very hard to use at night and almost impossible with gloves on to hit the buttons I want. I've also had some issues with the remote and caller communicating so I'm looking to upgrade, what are some callers you would recommend for night hunting in Michigan?

In the FoxPro line, I would definitely get a unit that uses the TX1000 remote. Prices run between $400+ to $700+. It appears they have dropped the Fusion unit, but you might find some of those still in stock somewhere. If you go FoxPro be sure to get a certified dealer or the warranty may not be honored. I've been very satisfied with my Fusion over the 4 years I've been using it, "no problems."

Lucky Duck also makes a good caller. I think their best model now has a better remote for night hunting. It may be called the Roughneck. Somebody will probably chime in that knows the units.

In the FoxPro line up, I have used the Shockwave, CS24, Krakatoa II, Xwave, X24, and X2s and probably a few more. As DoubleUp states, the TX1000 remote is fantastic. I like it a lot and it works well for Night Hunting. However, one of my only gripes is you can do so many things on the remote, so there are lots and lots of buttons. I would prefer a simpler controller with fewer, bigger buttons. I have likes and dislikes with all the FoxPro units, but you mentioned connection. The remote range has been really outstanding with the exception of CS24 and Krakatoa. For whatever reason, I didn't get as much range with those eCallers. I don't like the process of adding sounds on those two callers either.

I currently have the X24 and X2s. I absolutely love the stands that come on these calls. I use the X24 more because it is louder. The X2s can play 2 sounds at once and has bluetooth, and mine came in camo but it is more expensive. I don't use the extra features often and with the added expensive, I would go with the X24.

I agree with Double that I hear of lots of satisfied callers using Lucky Duck as well, but I have zero experience with them.

This is just my opinion ! I have owned the Fury & now have the Fusion & X2S.

FOXPRO USA
1. USA made !
2. Buy from one of their listed dealers = 5 year warranty !
3. A+ customer service !!!
4. I suggest one that has the TX 1000 remote !
Spend a little extra now, you won’t regret it !

Last edited:
As a member of FOXPRO's Field Staff, I've had the opportunity to use all their E-Calls. My personal choice is also the X-24. I've never had coyotes commit so fully and come so hard all the way to the call as they do with the X-24. I can't think of a single reason why someone shouldn't trust FOXPRO.

If you want a call that has great sound, volume and a 300 yard non line of sight remote get a Icotec Night Stalker or Outlaw, I love mine, had a fox pro before the Icotec and will never go back.

To pull you another direction I suggest Lucky Duck! I've owned and used a bunch of FoxPros and was always disappointed. (no experience with the new models) The CS24, Krakatoa and Shockwave weren't even in the same league.

Originally Posted By: P&YTo pull you another direction I suggest Lucky Duck! I've owned and used a bunch of FoxPros and was always disappointed. (no experience with the new models) The CS24, Krakatoa and Shockwave weren't even in the same league.
Thank you for all the responses, the X24 with the TX1000 remote looks more usuable at night to me and quite the upgrade. The Lucky Duck Roughneck looks like it would be similar. P&Y why was the Lucky Duck out of Foxpros league? What were you disapointed in?

Originally Posted By: Farmer8430Originally Posted By: P&YTo pull you another direction I suggest Lucky Duck! I've owned and used a bunch of FoxPros and was always disappointed. (no experience with the new models) The CS24, Krakatoa and Shockwave weren't even in the same league.
Thank you for all the responses, the X24 with the TX1000 remote looks more usuable at night to me and quite the upgrade. The Lucky Duck Roughneck looks like it would be similar. P&Y why was the Lucky Duck out of Foxpros league? What were you disapointed in?

I prefer pretty well every variable on the Lucky Duck but remote range made it a no contest. My FoxPro remote ranges were really poor and they literally had to be "line of sight". I have doubled back to reposition FoxPros so many times! Another reoccurring issue my friends and I have experienced is the buttons being super touchy causing constant sound changes or starting/stopping when not desired.

I'd say my Lucky Ducks are close to twice as loud which is a big deal to me.

After sending in my last one and still being disgusted I talked to one of the head guys there and he just told me how much range they have. Then he started going on about variables that could potentially be involved. He lost me at interference from airports! LMAO

Back