MCarbo Trigger Spring Kits

fishballer06

Has anyone here had any luck with the MCarbo trigger spring kits? I've got a Browning XBolt with a trigger pull around 4 pounds and I'd love to get that down around 2 pounds without having to shell out money for a Timney. I've heard good things online, but my gunsmith says they're hit and miss. What say you all?

I've used them. One in a Ruger American and one in a Browning. IIRC the Browning was a little tricky but they do work good. Pretty much as advertised.

I used MCarbo spring kit in a Stoeger MK3 12 gauge.Trigger went from 7 lbs to 5 lbs. Tikka t3x lite, trigger will go as as 1-1.5 lbs can’t remember exactly. That’s a little to light for me. I’ll adjust it someday to around 2 or 2.5 lbs. I’ve been happy with both, no problems with either.

For most rifles its easier and cheaper than a trigger job and lots cheaper than a new trigger. I had some issues with shipping on my first one and it turned into a big mess but did get straightened out. Second trigger kits went OK.

Originally Posted By: fishballer06Has anyone here had any luck with the MCarbo trigger spring kits? I've got a Browning XBolt with a trigger pull around 4 pounds and I'd love to get that down around 2 pounds without having to shell out money for a Timney. I've heard good things online, but my gunsmith says they're hit and miss. What say you all?

I put on in a marlin 17hmr, a marlin x7 and one in a browning A Bolt for my buddy. Out of all of them, it helped the A bolt the most. It went from 5 lb to about 1.75-2 lb. very big improvement.

Last edited:
I put the mcarbo in my 223 browning xbolt. It has an amazing trigger now. Love it. It was pretty easy(even for this dummy).
Highly recommend on that gun!

I installed one in a Marlin M60 which was a bit more tricky than
the instructions implied. However, once completed, I was
satisfied that it took the 5# trigger down to 3#. The adjustable
Timney's are a lot nicer with crisper breaks, though.

I have used several on TC rifles, they have worked very well. One on a Browning Abolt2, 7mm mag is 1.5# max. I all most put the original spring back in, but the rifle owner really liked it light. I just wished it would have more poundage range, 1-3. Instead it was 9oz -1.5#.

Back