More Trespassers Caught

Bowhntr6pt

Some time back I posted about catching some guys, three of them, who were trespassing on some Ranch property near midnight that I have exclusive access to and for which I've been authorized as an agent to act on their behalf concerning Trespass incidents. I was actually night hunting for coyote myself when I spotted them. I let them go with a warning and for some time after I heard it was talked about in the local hunting circles. Catching hogs with dogs is a big thing here.

Well, today we got in two Trijicon Hunter MK III's for use on the SWAT Team. I plan on putting one on a Rem 700 LTR and the other will serve as a hand held scanner and back up to a rifle.

Tonight I was sitting on top of a bridge overpass checking out the Thermals and darned if I didn't see two guys and several dogs about 500-600 yards out.

I was on duty so I called for help and went after the pair. As I got close I could see they had no long guns so I identified myself and ordered them to get on the ground... they complied.

I handcuffed one and the other jumped up and took off... I got his car, his driver's license, his fanny pack, his dog tracking collar, $560 in cash, and I know who he is. The other guy was polite, respectful, and acknowledged he shouldn't be on the property.

Well, I've had enough of catch and release so the one was arrested and the other has Probable Cause Affidavits out for his arrest for Trespass, Obstruction, and Probation Violation, yep, he is on probation.

I also came across a freshly killed piglet that the dogs obviously caught and killed.

I don't understand why folks think it's ok to run amuck on other people's property and do as they please. I simply could not imagine having the nerve to knowingly trespass upon someone else's land and hunt or even do the catch and release thing.

I suppose they thought because it's the middle of the week and raining no one would be out there... wrong... I'm out there A LOT at all times of the day and night, in good or bad weather. Yesterday I put up a stand, feeder, and camera dodging the rain.

I suppose some will tar and feather me like the last post, oh well. BUT... while I don't own the land I sure as heck treat it as if were my own, thus I will eagerly engage any and all trespassers I happen to come across.

A few months ago about 7am some jack hand kicked the door open to one of the property owners homes while he was at home, he is in his late 70's and he called me scared to death. The guy started taking guns out of a gun cabinet so I called dispatch and got dressed and headed that way. The driveway into the property is a long one and fortunately arriving units caught the guy as he was headed out. He was arrested and the firearms recovered.

I put a lot of energy in developing the hunting out there and certainly don't want folks disrupting the wildlife by trespassing and turning loose multiple dogs.

I guess I'm going to have to start moving game cameras around and reissue warnings to the locals to find other places to trespass. These two are local, I'm sure the word will get out.

I'm soaking wet from the incident but the owners were extremely appreciative.

Last edited:
thumbup.gif
Book-em Dan-O

UPDATE- got an e-mail, a lawyer for the guy who ran called the Sheriff's Office to say his client would be turning himself in... but of course he will not be answering any questions, let the legal games begin.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
We have had tresspassers here too. One bashed a feeder motor and another took a $300 trail camera.

In the six or so years I've had access to this property only one game camera has been stolen. Some survey work had been done and no doubt some minimum wage brush buster took it... it was well off the beaten path but near the survey work.

I suspect a gas well employee took my son’s camera, but the feeder was on a thick hillside that was not easily accessible. That one I’m not sure about.

Guy was arrested trying to pick his car up from the tow lot... I guess he decided not to listen to his lawyer.

His mother told a deputy "he was never out there".... ok, then way was his car out there and why did I run into you the next day looking for the family dog? Why did his sister call me yesterday asking me where their dog was last seen? They live 30 miles away... they refused to answer me on HOW the family dog happened to get there and why they believe he is even there or in the area in the first place. [beeep] liars... all of them, with NO respect for privacy and boundaries.

The victims have tried to talk to the state and make their prosecution desires known for both the trespass and prior Burglary. The state has yet to respond to the calls. Their lawyer will be contacting the state this week.

As a LEO it sickens me to see the system victimize people a second time by not aggressively pursuing charges... I see it all the time... decisions driven by money.

These property owners have had FOUR incidents in the last year where their safety and privacy was violated beyond a simple accidental trespass. This is NOT a case of simple trespass.

Not many rioters, looters,arsonists,trespassers were charged or held during last summer's riots. Property rights and private ownership are not allowed in Marxist, Communist states pretty easy to see where this country is headed.

I need you guarding my property! Every time I call the local sheriff with trail cam pics of coon hunters trespassing, trout fisherman parking and walking across my property to to the creek thst has zero public access,, and neighbors dogs that I have been caught several times and turned in chasing deer and Turkeys verbal warnings. I’m going to get deputized one of these days and take care of it myself. People just don’t care till they get cuffed and stuffed.

Last edited:
We have problems with poachers and trespassers on our land in south east Oklahoma. People that run dogs up there don’t care about them or private property, we’ve had them kill calves, pull guns on US, steal all sorts of items. What helped us the most was when their dogs would come onto our place they would disappear without a trace. A federal judge was bow hunting deer on us and he watched a poacher shoot a deer from the county road and climb over the fence to get it. The judge let an arrow fly right into that guys buttcheeks. HE STILL GRABBED THE DEER HE POACHED and left. Game warden found him pretty easy at the hospital. Not many people have an arrow out their butt. We acquired another property on the other side of the county road and the way it worked out we were able to shut down the county road (when you everything around the road and it dead ends it’s easy to shut one down). Well some hillbilly trash decided they didn’t want that road shut down (probably took his prime poaching spot) and rammed his truck into the gate we put up. What he didn’t know was the 6’ metal pipe corner post the gate hangs on is 12 feet in the ground and full of concrete the entire way

Quote: A federal judge was bow hunting deer on us and he watched a poacher shoot a deer from the county road and climb over the fence to get it. The judge let an arrow fly right into that guys buttcheeks. HE STILL GRABBED THE DEER HE POACHED and left. Game warden found him pretty easy at the hospital.I am against tresspassing, but did the judge go to jail for shooting the guy? You can't use deadly force for trespass or poaching? I was told there are several arteries that run up your legs thru your butt to your heart, hit one with an arrow or bullet and you can die

Originally Posted By: Mblackmon4 A federal judge was bow hunting deer on us and he watched a poacher shoot a deer from the county road and climb over the fence to get it. The judge let an arrow fly right into that guys buttcheeks. HE STILL GRABBED THE DEER HE POACHED and left. Game warden found him pretty easy at the hospital.

Umm... sorry, but I find that very hard to believe.

That's Aggravated Battery W/Deadly Weapon at minimum.

Federal Judge or not, you're not going to do that under the stated circumstances and nothing happen.

Maybe you can cite a story or something to show this actually happened?

Last edited:
It happened in Boswell county Oklahoma on one of the ranches my bosses owns, no story to cite other than the 6 of my collegues that can attest to that. Nothing bad needed up happening to the judge I believe, he was able to go back to South Carolina no problem, guy had warrants for a smattering of stuff.

For something to happen to the judge the police force would have to actually do something. The game warden didn’t care, I’ve seen him pull deer blinds over with his truck because (other) poachers wouldn’t get out of them. and the cops don’t care about anything it seems expect speeding and meth explosions, I believe of the police officers was charged recently with embezzlement. (Edit) the former police chief felony sexually assaulted a 33yo intellectually disabled man. So both of y’all are Assuming that Boswell’s finest are outstanding citizens and uphold the law in every way. Doesn’t seem to be the case
And for there to be a news story a news person would have had to 1) be there 2) do their job. And I don’t know of any local news reporters to make a story of it

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mblackmon4It happened in Boswell county Oklahoma on one of the ranches my bosses owns, no story to cite other than the 6 of my collegues that can attest to that. Nothing bad needed up happening to the judge I believe, he was able to go back to South Carolina no problem, guy had warrants for a smattering of stuff.

OK... so you, six coworkers, and a Federal Judge were in such a position to witness a guy poach a deer. Then you all were in position to witness a Federal Judge, who happened to be within bow range, shoot the poacher in the [beeep].

Undeterred, the now shot poacher is so hard core he isn't determined in the least and still manages to recover the poached deer.

And in the end, it's as if nothing ever happened? Yep, kind of hard to believe... but if you say so.

Last edited:
Back