Zeiss Optics

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3281941 - 09/14/21 06:01 PM Fake Leupolds
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
The bootleggers have changed the game a little. Used to tell the fake ones buy the serial numbers. Now the numbers look legit but they have a copper colored ring instead of gold. The box's look the same as a real one as well. Even the glass is pretty good but they are bogus. A guy I know had two on his table this week-end. He was selling them as bootleg Leupolds but for a guy that didn't know any better he would get hoodwinked.

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3281955 - 09/14/21 10:51 PM Re: Fake Leupolds [Re: pyscodog]
shelton573 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SE Missouri
I bought a 1.75-4 leupold scope for a shotgun off eBay for a really reasonable price. When it came in, the return address said “Warehouse” and that was it. There was no packing slip in the box but the scope was still shrink wrapped. I panicked a bit and called leupold. Gave them the serial number without mentioning the details on the scope. He rattled the info back to me all the way down to the reticle. He said to look at the lettering on the objective and can’t remember exactly what he asked me about the lettering but when I told him he said your are 100% good to go and if you have any problems with it send it in and we will take care of it. Pretty nice folks over there.

#3282002 - 09/15/21 05:22 PM Re: Fake Leupolds [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
The guy had two of the imposters. If he hadn't had them marked as fakes, I'm not sure I would have noticed. They are getting better fooling the consumers. You use to tell right off by the serial numbers and the stick on paper badges they used. Now the numbers look legit and the badges look real as well. Be aware!

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

© 2000-2008 Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.