Why in lab

tnshootist

It seems to be accepted that the virus somehow got out of a Chinese lab in Wuhan.

Have you heard anyone say why the virus was being messed with at all. What was supposed to be gained to benefit mankind.

Were they working on a vaccine in case somehow it escaped and caused world wide and long lasting harm to millions.

Wonder who all else has some of this stuff sitting around.

the "friendly" language -that being the stuff on the grant paperwork thats seeping out - is that it was a study to understand the risks to humanity from these wild novel-coronavirus'....

ie: how much of a chance is there that its gonna hop from animal to human at some point.

im sure once - or i guess IF is the better word - that someone's feet get held to the fire over it, the gain of function portion of the research will be boiled down to something along the line of "necessary to understand exactly how a jump could happen" or some other such b*llsh!t

im sure there's black projects going on all over the world on bio-weapons engineering. many based on natural sourced bugs like this one was i'm sure.'

i have no doubt that somewhere in an underground facility here stateside we're working on something of the bioweapon nature that nobody in the real world knows is being funded.

I read that the virus was over at Chapel Hill N C where research was being done.
That work was stopped there because of risk of escape and the research was deemed high risk with no benefit.
At that point the virus was shipped to the lab in Wuhan and grant money was given for research to continue.

Anyone see anything like this from a source considered reliable?

After the bullet leaves the barrel its a little late to worry about where it went. Maybe we should figure out how to stop it more than where and why its here.

That's exactly what those responsible are counting on.

Why can't the world do both.

It would seem to me that as well as taking care of the victim that the bullet hit it would be natural to see where the bullet came from and why someone was firing in the direction they did.

Oh well. The bullet is already fired. It matters not who and where it came from?
What about the next one? Oh well we will patch up the victims. Really?

We as a country are ready to accept the lab created virus and we are ready to pay for 350 million doses at say $ 25 a dose.
Oh, there needs to be at least two doses per person so make that 700 million doses.
My calculator say that is around 17,500,000,000.

There is so much wrong here before you even get to the ones making billions.
But lets just whimper and line up.
I think I am going by the drug store and get a little small jar of Vaseline.

Don't don't forget that we are "distributing only 4 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Canada and Mexico while committing $4 billion to Covax, the international platform supported by the World Health Organization that donates vaccines to countries in need, the Post reported."

I didn't know the CDC had been in China for 30 years and we have been paying for it.
Might have been a good investment.
Just think how much worse things might have been had they not been there.

China did cover up and stall and allow travel to all points of the earth however.

Maybe the US CDC and China CDC are not so good buddies after all.

It is Trumps fault though I reckon because he wanted to stop funding China CDC so much, shortly before the outbreak. Odd how that worked out.

But who knows.
Just to be on the safe side I don't think I am going to eat my dog or any civic cats or bats.
Good thing they were already researching the virus in the lab in wuhan before it jumped from animal to man in a wuhan wet market.
Good thing the CDC was there. I guess thats why the US CDC has been able to give sound information about the virus and not mealey mouth around and let on like it was a surprise and new and unknown before it just popped up.
It's not like they have been there with the Chinese CDC for the last thirty years. Oh, wait a minute.....

In 2018, Diplomats Warned of Risky Coronavirus Experiments in a Wuhan Lab. No One Listened.
The exact origin of the new coronavirus remains a mystery to this day, but the search for answers is not just about assigning blame. Unless the source is located, the true path of the virus can’t be traced, and scientists can’t properly study the best ways to prevent future outbreaks.

Since the 2002 outbreak of SARS—the deadly disease caused by a coronavirus transmitted by bats in China—scientists around the world had been looking for ways to predict and limit future outbreaks of similar diseases. To aid the effort, the NIH had funded a number of projects that involved the WIV scientists, including much of the Wuhan lab’s work with bat coronaviruses. The new study was entitled “Discovery of a Rich Gene Pool of Bat SARS-Related Coronaviruses Provides New Insights into the Origin of SARS Coronavirus.”

These researchers, the American officials learned, had found a population of bats from caves in Yunnan province that gave them insight into how SARS coronaviruses originated and spread. The researchers boasted that they may have found the cave where the original SARS coronavirus originated. But all the U.S. diplomats cared about was that these scientists had discovered three new viruses that had a unique characteristic: they contained a "spike protein that was particularly good at grabbing on to a specific receptor in human lung cells known as an ACE2 receptor. That means the viruses were potentially very dangerous for humans—and that these viruses were now in a lab with which they, the U.S. diplomats, were largely unfamiliar.

Knowing the significance of the Wuhan virologists’ discovery, and knowing that the WIV’s top-level biosafety laboratory (BSL-4) was relatively new, the U.S. Embassy health and science officials in Beijing decided to go to Wuhan and check it out. In total, the embassy sent three teams of experts in late 2017 and early 2018 to meet with the WIV scientists, among them Shi Zhengli, often referred to as the “bat woman” because of her extensive experience studying coronaviruses found in bats.

When they sat down with the scientists at the WIV, the American diplomats were shocked by what they heard. The Chinese researchers told them they didn’t have enough properly trained technicians to safely operate their BSL-4 lab. The Wuhan scientists were asking for more support to get the lab up to top
anuary 15, in its last days, President Donald Trump’s State Department put out a statement with serious claims about the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic. The statement said the U.S. intelligence community had evidence that several researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology laboratory were sick with Covid-like symptoms in autumn 2019—implying the Chinese government had hidden crucial information about the outbreak for months—and that the WIV lab, despite “presenting itself as a civilian institution,” was conducting secret research projects with the Chinese military. The State Department alleged a Chinese government cover-up and asserted that “Beijing continues today to withhold vital information that scientists need to protect the world from this deadly virus, and the next one.”
Now, the new Joe Biden team is walking a tightrope, calling on Beijing to release more data, while declining to endorse or dispute the Trump administration’s controversial claims. The origin story remains entangled both in domestic politics and U.S.-China relations. Last month, National security adviser Jake Sullivan issued a statement expressing “deep concerns” about a forthcoming report from a team assembled by the World Health Organization that toured Wuhan—even visiting the lab—but was denied crucial data by the Chinese authorities.

Politico Magazine

Last edited:
Back