vaccinations...

Wife & I are both vaxed, pfizer.

Grandson caught it at school. Wife got it from him & she got pretty sick but she didn't end up in a hospital & is mostly over it. Doc said she has no doubts, not vaxed she would have been hospitalized.

I got it last, am recovering. I've had worse summer colds. I call the vax a win for both of us.

Make your choice & live with it. No point in pissing about this or that conspiracy or if it costs $25 or what ever. You either want to take your chances with it or without it & it's entirely your choice.

This is not a natural occurring virus in this form.

It came out of a Chinese lab.

I have had the vac. because thats the only hope for any help we have so far. If it helps any at all thats more than I had.

I have dead friends because of a virus that came into the world by a Chinese lab.

Whither the virus was let lose or escaped it never should have been.
This didn't have to happen.

im not anti-vax, nor anti mask. what i am is anti free choice. what i am is anti-forcing YOUR belief's on someone else.

the thing that bothers me most right now about the current narrative.. is the seeming lack of willingness to even discuss natural immunity from those who have already survived the virus. the narrative is "science science science!" but... bringing up the subject for those of us who are survivors... its almost an immediate shut down of the conversation by everyone.

there's a instructor here in Michigan who's suing MSU over their student/teacher/staff vax mandate.

her premise is that she's tested antibody positive this august (weeks before the deadline to get vaxed there at the university) after having survived her infection in 2020. her doctor has written an exemption cert saying the vaccine isnt medically necessary because of her antibody tests.

she did not get her stay initially (to prevent possible discipline, including and up to termination), but the court is still reviewing the documentation they've been presented and havnt given a final ruling.

this is no small thing - there's roughly a little over 38 million survivors out there right now in the USA...

so if the whole premise of the vaccine is protection through antibody response by your body, how can we not even be willing to discuss natural antibody response in the bodies of MILLIONS of us who have successfully overcome this virus?

I would like to know how many people died of untreated pneumonia, and were listed as Covid deaths?
Most hospitals are now corporation controlled, therefore government controlled.. How much money does a hospital get for a Covid diagnosis,
how much when the person is put on a ventilator, and then how much when the patient dies? One could construe there is a incentive here, if one was a conspiracy theorist..

This is probably the tenth encounter I have heard of a person having pneumonia, not being treated for it.

https://rumble.com/vktdpt-our-first-hand...e-hospital.html

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEI would like to know how many people died of untreated pneumonia, and were listed as Covid deaths?
Most hospitals are now corporation controlled, therefore government controlled.. How much money does a hospital get for a Covid diagnosis,
how much when the person is put on a ventilator, and then how much when the patient dies? One could construe there is a incentive here, if one was a conspiracy theorist..

This is probably the tenth encounter I have heard of a person having pneumonia, not being treated for it.

https://rumble.com/vktdpt-our-first-hand...e-hospital.html

I was told a hospital gets $20K for putting a covid patient on a ventilator

The first COVID emergency bill paid hospitals 13,000 for each "diagnosed" case, additional 39,000 if the patient needed to be ventilated. Remember early on there was NO lab tests, then tests were developed and were very slow to be processed(9-14 days). Elderly in assisted often passed away before being tested or confirmed, think New York governor mandating hospitals move sick elderly into nursing homes. Doctors were told to document illnesses(and deaths) as COVID by observation, if tests were unavailable; or if the person died. Testing after death for respiratory viruses doesn't work, as the virus dies when the body cools.

Interesting read:

Can You Catch COVID Even If You’ve Been Vaccinated?
You don't want to catch COVID. If you've been fully vaccinated, what are you chances of coming down with the coronavirus? Get the latest news!

Can You Catch COVID Even If You’ve Been Vaccinated?

Joe Graedon
September 02, 2021

No doubt you are aware that there has been a surge in COVID cases in recent weeks. They are mostly attributed to the Delta variant. This happened just as many people were beginning to let down their guard because they were fully vaccinated. The question that has been lurking since July, when Delta began spreading like wildfire, is can people who are fully vaccinated catch COVID? The answer this week from multiple sources is yes! But there’s good news and bad news about these cases.
Vaccinated Hospital Workers Did Catch COVID!

The New England Journal of Medicine (September 1, 2021) published a research letter from the University of California, San Diego. This large hospital system tests its nearly 20,000 health care workers frequently.

As of July, 2021, 83% of the employees were fully vaccinated. Many had received their second shot early in the year.

Between March and June, very few of the vaccinated health care workers tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. In July, however, the rate of positive tests rose abruptly. According to the investigators:

“The dramatic change in vaccine effectiveness from June to July is likely to be due to both the emergence of the delta variant and waning immunity over time, compounded by the end of masking requirements in California and the resulting greater risk of exposure in the community.”

Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Workers:

Here is where the rubber meets the road! The numbers are both alarming and reassuring. First, the bad news. In July, 94 fully vaccinated workers developed symptomatic COVID-19. In comparison, only 5 had the bad luck to catch COVID in June. The numbers for unvaccinated workers were 31 in July vs. 10 in June.

Perhaps a better way to compare vaccinated to unvaccinated workers is to use the infection rate per 1000 people. This rate was 16.4 for unvaccinated workers in July and 5.7 for vaccinated employees.

What does this mean for you? Can you catch COVID if you have been vaccinated? The answer clearly is yes, especially if you are in a high-risk environment like a hospital. The Delta variant is extremely contagious. The authors conclude:

“Our findings underline the importance of rapidly reinstating nonpharmaceutical interventions, such as indoor masking and intensive testing strategies, in addition to continued efforts to increase vaccinations, as strategies to prevent avoidable illness and deaths and to avoid mass disruptions to society during the spread of this formidable variant.”

Did Vaccinated Brits Catch Covid?

British researchers also report on “post-vaccination SARS-CoV-2 infection in UK users” (Lancet Infectious Diseases, Sept. 1, 2021). The COVID Symptom Study tracked 1,240,000 citizens between Dec 8, 2020 and July 4, 2021. This group received one shot.

Of that number, 6,030 caught COVID and tested positive. That represents 0.5% of the one-shot group. Another 971,504 British citizens got two shots. A smaller number did catch COVID. 2,370 or 0.2% in the double-vaccinated group tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.

We interpret the British data to suggest 1) The vaccines are working to dramatically lower the likelihood of catching COVID. 2) It is still possible to catch COVID if you have had one shot. You can also catch COVID if you have had two vaccinations, but your risks go down substantially.
There is more good news. The authors of the study report:

“We also found that COVID-19 was less severe (both in terms of the number of symptoms in the first week of infection and the need for hospitalisation) in participants after their first or second vaccine doses compared with unvaccinated participants.”

What About Long COVID?

You have no doubt heard about post COVID syndrome (PCS). It is also called PASC (Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID) or long COVID. People who have “recovered” from COVID, even if they have relatively mild cases, sometimes develop debilitating symptoms that don’t go away. They include fatigue, headache, cough, breathing problems, brain fog, dizziness, palpitations, joint pain, insomnia, tinnitus and digestive upset, to name just a few of the many complaints.

People who were vaccinated and experienced a breakthrough COVID infection were less likely to experience long COVID (PASC). This is how the British researchers describe their findings:

“Compared with unvaccinated controls, after their second vaccine dose, individuals were less likely to have prolonged illness (symptoms for ≥28 days), more than five symptoms in the first week of illness, or present to hospital. Most symptoms were less common in vaccinated versus unvaccinated participants. Fully vaccinated individuals with COVID-19, especially if they were 60 years or older, were more likely to be completely asymptomatic than were unvaccinated controls.”

Final Words:

Please do not catch COVID. This is not like the flu. At last count there are nearly 40,000,000 Americans who have caught the coronavirus. We are rapidly approaching 650,000 deaths. That is close to the number of Americans who died during the 1918 flu epidemic.

Even if you have been vaccinated you can still catch COVID. Your chances are much reduced and you will probably not end up in the hospital, but you could still be pretty sick. We have heard directly about young, healthy people who were knocked on their derrieres by the virus even after being fully vaccinated. They experienced extreme fatigue and shortness of breath. You do not need that.

If you want to learn more about the most effective N95 masks, you may wish to read this article.

If you found this post of value, please share it with a friend, family member or colleague. You can do that easily by clicking on the email, Facebook or Twitter icons at the top left of the article. Thank you for supporting our work.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/can-you-catch-covid-even-if-youve-been-vaccinated

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Plant.One what i am is anti free choice.

really?

sorry thats clearly not what i meant. i'm against people taking free choicce. anti-anti-free choice is what i was trying to get at - as you can see by my follow up sentence of
Quote:anti-forcing YOUR belief's on someone else

sheesh... what a dyslexia moment *sigh*

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti was pretty sure you didn't mean what the fingers said.

ya.. brain gets ahead of fingers sometimes and words/letters get lost. *sigh* and when its a real gem - even proof reading a c ouple times and it you cant "see" it lol

417dSODdyIL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My wife has dyslexia. When her dyslexia frustrates her I remind her to look at the list of very smart and famous people posted on the fridge. Among the more than 100 names on that list is: Leonardo da Vinci, Saint Teresa, Napoleon, Winston Churchill, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison. All reputed to have dyslexia.

ya lucky for me its not terrible. my folks caught it early and it gave me plenty of time to learn to work around it.

just every once in a while it slips thru and makes me look kinda foolish like it did the other day with that post lol

States See Looming Monoclonal Antibody Crunch as Biden Administration Rations Doses

Demand has increased 20-fold in recent weeks, expert says

By Zachary Stieber
September 16, 2021 Updated: September 16, 2021

Some states are set to receive fewer doses of monoclonal antibody treatments after the Biden administration switched the distribution system this week.

Demand for monoclonal antibodies, used to treat non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients, has shot up in recent weeks, leading to what some officials have described as a shortage.

The Biden administration tipped off states in early September that it was limiting distribution of the treatment before abruptly switching on Sept. 13 from letting sites directly order the doses to putting the federal government in charge of allocation to states, which can then choose where to send them.

Some state officials say they weren’t notified of the change until late Sept. 13, and that pending orders with AmerisourceBergen, the primary distributor in the old model, were being closed out.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) alerted Texas health officials “that the national supply has considerably decreased and states should expect lower amounts of therapeutics available for shipment in the coming weeks,” Douglas Loveday, press officer for the Texas Department of State Health Services, told The Epoch Times in an email.

“The amount available to distribute is expected to be disproportionately small compared to the amounts needed.”

Other states have also been told they won’t get as many doses as they were getting before. Among them are southern states grappling with the worst COVID-19 outbreaks in the nation.

Read More:
COVID-19 Cases Coming in Through Southern Border: Stephen Miller

Dr. Scott Harris, Alabama’s top medical officer, said HHS recently called to “let us know that Alabama and some other states are going to be on an allocation.”

“We don’t think providers are going to be able to order as much as they would like,” he said during a briefing late last week. Up until the change, “there was really sort of no limit to what could be ordered.”

HHS and the federal COVID-19 response team didn’t respond to requests for comment.

HHS said in an update on Sept. 13 that the higher number of COVID-19 cases in the United States in recent weeks has “caused a substantial surge in the utilization of monoclonal antibody (mAb) drugs,” especially in parts of the country with low vaccination rates.

Federal officials informed state health officials that theres been a 20-fold increase in demand for monoclonal antibodies in just the past few weeks, James Blumenstock, chief of health security at the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, told The Epoch Times.

“Clearly that’s outstripping the current supply even with the supply increase this month; that increase is not sufficient to meet the current demand,” he said.

The timeline for when supplies will increase enough to meet the jump in demand isn’t clear. The new process will help ensure consistent availability for the drugs in all parts of the nation, according to HHS, which is basing its weekly shipments on reports of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations and inventory data.

Monoclonal antibody treatments from two companies, Regeneron and Eli Lilly, are purchased by the federal government and distributed across the nation. Patients get them for free. The treatment received emergency use authorization from drug regulators earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic. Clinical trials show that they reduced hospitalization or death by as much as 70 percent.

It takes several weeks or months to produce a batch of Regeneron’s drug, REGEN-COV, a spokesman for the New York-based company told The Epoch Times in an email. Regeneron says demand has grown since earlier this year but that it’s ready to deliver new doses quickly because it “remained proactive” and has the drug in various stages of the manufacturing process.

An Eli Lilly spokesperson told The Epoch Times in an email that the Indiana-based company “continues to work with governments globally to help address the therapeutic needs of patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Another monoclonal antibody treatment, from GlaxoSmithKline, isn’t being distributed through the federal government. A spokesperson for the company, which is headquartered in the United Kingdom, told The Epoch Times in an email that there are no supply or access issues for its medicine.

The United States has purchased or committed to purchasing nearly 3 million doses of REGEN-COV, including 1.4 million doses on Sept. 14. Most of the doses cost taxpayers $2,100 each, according to the Regeneron spokesman. Eli Lilly’s treatment requires two drugs, etesevimab and bamlanivimab. The company just reached an agreement to provide 388,000 additional doses of etesevimab to the U.S. government for nearly $1,000 each, building on earlier contracts to supply nearly 1 million vials of one drug or the other.

More than 2.1 million monoclonal antibody doses were shipped to more than 8,000 sites across the nation as of early September, John Redd, chief medical officer for HHS emergency preparedness and response office, told state officials in a recent call.

Redd said that HHS hadn’t returned to the allocation model that was used between November 2020 and February. A few days later, the model was switched.

Biden’s administration said last week in a fresh COVID-19 response plan that it would increase shipments of monoclonal antibodies to states by 50 percent in September—something critics are pointing to in questioning the change.

“It is regrettable that the Biden administration would play politics with people’s lives during a pandemic, by withholding a life-saving treatment and providing mixed messages to Americans,” Christina Pushaw, press secretary for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, told The Epoch Times via email.

“Today, I pressed President Biden’s team to explain the sudden rationing of these life-saving treatments—without any warning—after the administration urged us to promote them. It is yet another example of confusing and conflicting guidance coming from the federal government,” Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan wrote on social media.

Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s (R-Ala.) office told The Epoch Times in an email that it’s looking into the matter to see how it can be of assistance.

Florida hasn’t yet seen its supply drop, and some other states said they don’t expect the distribution model change to affect them.

“We do not have any concerns about monoclonal supply at this point of time in Arkansas based on current usage patterns,” Danyelle McNeill, a spokeswoman for the Arkansas Department of Health, told The Epoch Times in an email.

Some governors, including DeSantis, have heavily promoted monoclonal antibodies, which have a high efficacy rate against cases of COVID-19 that don’t require hospital care and are sometimes used following exposure to a COVID-19 patient.

COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

For now, officials are encouraging people to continue seeking out the antibody treatments. Some experts say the drop in supply should prompt people who haven’t received a COVID-19 vaccine to get one.

“The public health message is, while everyone is doing their absolute best to treat and care for individuals who get sick from COVID, the best effort is to avoid that scenario in the first place, and therefore get vaccinated,” Blumenstock said.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/states-see-looming-monoclonal-antibody-crunch-as-biden-administration-rations-doses_3999171.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-09-17&mktids=4f4cfbfab92fa72f65cbe94b145b00dc&est=S%2FL7BrA4zLlwRKpvmybddcK7oCXFi1UlMPN8yZjxTIbWS0v%2F5YzR3RSe

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So people in Red states may do without while Blue states might be sitting on doses not needed?
I must have read that wrong. That is the kind of thing that happens in third world countries not the USA.

Back