.224 valkarie or .22 nosler.

If you don't reload, I recommend you go with the .224 Valkyrie. I shoot 60 grain Ballistic Tips out of mine and it is devastating on varmints/predators. I've also been using the Sierra Prairie Enemy ammo with their 69 grain Blitzking. It is a great combo. Besides coyotes and varmints, I used my Stag15 and the Sierra ammo to kill a Doe Antelope at 468 yards last year.

I also own a .22 Nosler and like it a lot, but for someone who does not reload, it can be hard to find loaded ammo at times.

Problem with 224 Valkyrie barrels is that most are fast twist and not for fast flat varmint weight bullets. Not sure what is available around you ammo wise but my advice would be a 22 Nosler barrel from White Oak Armament. Ive had experience with several and they aren't picky about what bullet you shoot. Both the 8 and 12 twist are very accurate with 55 ballistic tips.

Last edited:
I vote 22 Nosler as well. Mine is a 22” 8 twist from white oak. Shoots factory 55 gr Nosler trophy grade very well.

It's been hard to find ammo for 22 Nosler lately. Go with the Valkyrie. Maybe I will have better odds at finding my ammo then!

I have talked to the local gun dealer and he has nothing good to say about the valkarie Said too many flyers? And the nosler doesn't have much over a .223.

Last edited:
I doubt the flyers have much to do with the cartridge and yes the 22 Nosler has a noticable speed gain over the .223. 22" will push a 55 grain bullet 3500 fps with CFE 223 powder. The factory Nosler custom with 55 ballistic tips is 3500 as well.
However with the current ammo pinch a non reloader might be better served with a .223. Of the three the 22 Nosler is the fastest and flatest hands downs.

Last edited:
I've had 2 different valkyrie barrels and a flyer problem is a bad barrel or shooter error. 50 grain v max are at 3400. My 22 nosler shoots 50 grain v max at 3630. My 223 is at 2800.

Back