Antelope with suppressed 6.5 creedmoor

Pro_hunt

I went to New Mexico antelope hunting and got one that I am happy with. I went with a guide since I do not know the area at all. Hopefully I can find some public or if really lucky some private ground to antelope hunt so I don't have to hire a guide every time.
Suppressor is a Rugged Radiant.

dcAjBhw.jpg

jnY8R3h.jpg

Last edited:
Nice goat! I haven't killed an antelope yet but would love to. Whats the specs on your rifle and ammo and how did it perform? Obviously it killed it but just wondering about terminal performance!

Originally Posted By: Kino MNice goat! I haven't killed an antelope yet but would love to. Whats the specs on your rifle and ammo and how did it perform? Obviously it killed it but just wondering about terminal performance!

It is a Bergara B-14 HMR. I use hornady 143 eld-x for bullets. I have been happy with them for deer and the have done great on the 2 antelope I have shot. Shot my first antelope last year at 375 yards and this one at 319 yards. Every deer and both antelope they have passed through and left a good size exit hole. I really like the eld-x bullets for both hunting and long range target shooting.

I went to the Whittington Center the next day after shooting this antelope and shot the white buffalo target (1123 yards) with this rifle and a ruger precision rifle in 6.5 creedmoor using same loads in both guns.

Originally Posted By: crapshootThat's a toad of a goat. What's the length of them suckers?

15” on one side and 15 1/4” on the other. Didn’t get a total score on it before dropping off at the taxidermist so that will have to wait for a while.

Nice for sure. Average around here is around 13". My problem is I can never seem to hold out for a big one. Usually dump the first thing I see. Same with deer too.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamNice goat! Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Land of Enchantment.

I really liked the area (Raton) and everyone I encountered was extremely nice!

I hope/plan on doing it again and maybe do an elk hunt sometime too.

Originally Posted By: MIGroverNice Pronghorn. What outfitter did you use. New Mexico pronghorn is on the bucket list to be filled soon,

Sending a PM.

Back