Doubled up for first kills with Kimber

AdamT

Took my Kimber 204 out this evening for its second outing and the action was on pretty quick. I spotted one walking in to the field about 140 yards. Squatted down and got set up behind the rifle just in time to see it stand up proud eating, down went #1.
51265656579_4fedbab68e_o_d.jpg

Went and recovered it out of the field, as it’s closest one to the landowners house, and I didn’t want to leave it laying there to stink or draw other undesirable critters in close. Was walking back to the follow the fence through the field and spotted another one off in the lower corner. Ranged it at 243 yds, setup on the bipod and tried to wait for the best shot. Took one as it was down crawling towards some taller grass and watched it summersault backwards. 2 for 2 so far with the Kimber.
51265656639_77f25d5ed4_o_d.jpg

I suspected the groundhogs would be out this evening since the ground would have moisture on it. Today it came a very hard rain for most of the morning hours. The temperature this Tuesday evening was also about 20* cooler than it was Sunday. Yesterday, we laid my Grandmother to rest after a long journey one month shy of 90 years here on this Earth. As I was walking out back to the truck this evening, I couldn’t help but notice the evening sky and just the way everything was calm this evening. I couldn’t help but wonder if it was tears of celebration and joy this morning from the heavens for Mammaw’s return to the lord, followed by a peaceful sense of her now painless rest and eternal comfort this evening after settling in.
51264184687_8540df2502_o_d.jpg

Doubled up again today. Just missed and dusted another one with some dirt or would’ve had 3.

51273073061_1faac10306_o_d.jpg

Put one through the eye hole on this one.

51273246253_710d7bf4db_o_d.jpg

As others have stated, beautiful rifle and sorry for your loss. Glad that gorgeous picture had a warm thought of a loved one in your heart and mind.

Back