Leupold Freedom 3-9x40 350 Legend w/CDS

pyscodog

I like the little 1.5-6 Centerpoint I bought for my CVA Legend but in all honesty, I just didn't trust it for a rifle I planned to hunt with. I read some reviews and did some online shopping and liked the Leupold. I didn't order it online but made a trip to Tulsa and a local shop had it in stock and was actually $20 cheaper than I could get it online. The CDS is calibrated for 150 grain bullets @ 2325 FPS. Of course right now there are none to be had. I've got 147 grain stuff so I plan to try them. Maybe I can tailor a load using them that will get me close.

Last edited:
Ive never been a fan of cds...too many variables change that can throw it off. Id stick with a standard plex and learn your wind and hold over

My 7mm08 has a CDS dial on it and its calibrated for my load. Its dead on out to 300yds. Haven't shot it any further than that. The Legend will probably never see shots much over 100yds while hunting but maybe longer shots banging steel at the club. If it isn't dead on its not a real big deal. I'll just have to try it and see.

Back