Nosler .223 Varmageddon, 62 grain, HP or Tipped?

Turkeytider

Anybody have any experience with one or both? Looking to evaluate/compare with Hornady 55 grain VMAX out of my new Savage 110 Storm, 1:9 twist. Thanks for any input.

I went from the Nosler Ballistic tip spitzers to the Varmaggedon 55 grain tipped for my .250 and have had nothing but good things to say about them. Have not tried the HP's. They shoot very well for me.

Compared to the Hornady, I am clueless. for some reason my .250 just doesn't like the VMax

Last edited:
I shoot the 62 grain Varm HP in my Tikka 223. Its unbelievable accurate but honestly, I haven't use it on game animals so I can't say how it will work. I'm hoping "it weel keel"!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI shoot the 62 grain Varm HP in my Tikka 223. Its unbelievable accurate but honestly, I haven't use it on game animals so I can't say how it will work. I'm hoping "it weel keel"!

They will make quick work of groundhogs and killed a couple coyotes with em (tipped). Got the job done.

I've only tried the 55 varmageddons outta my 22-250. Absolutely devastating on coyoted, but not pelt friendly in my experience.

Thanks everybody. Will be evaluating the Varmageddon along with a 55 grain Hornady V-Max. Hopefully one of the two will end up my go to hunting round.

Originally Posted By: TurkeytiderThanks everybody. Will be evaluating the Varmageddon along with a 55 grain Hornady V-Max. Hopefully one of the two will end up my go to hunting round.

Really impressed with the consistency and accuracy of the 62 grain Varmageddon HP at 100 yards. Will have to adjust zero as they grouped a little lower than I`d like. I`m not what I would consider a real good marksman, but these gave more than satisfactory coyote hunting groups. Only shot one 3 round group for record with the V-Max, a good group if a little high. Need to shoot them a little more.

I've had mixed luck with 22 and 6mm 55 gr and 70 grain tipped. If I get a spinner I shoot again quick. One of the most accurate bullets I've shot.

The 62gr Varma HP is very accurate in my AR's and bolt actions. All most like match bullets, but cheap. 60gr V max is another good bullet, very accurate but a bit more $$$$

The 62 gr HP is extremely accurate in my .223s and is the best coyote killing bullet that I’ve used in that caliber. Puts coyotes down with authority at all ranges.

I use the 55gr version of this bullet (Varmageddon) in the AR .223. both shot extremely well i think there was a slight edge to the non tipped in my rifle.

although the tipped looked sexy as heck lmao
both are worth the look in my opinion

Last edited:
Back