Capitalism, gouging or supply and demand????

LOL, if that were true, I guess some how the city I live in must have not got the message. Every business on Main St is either a bar or restaurant and business seems to be booming. You can believe what you want but I think there are other reasons for the shortages. Maybe like the millions of new gun owners or the people that are buying anything and everything they can to flip for a huge profit. First time gun owners want to shoot their new firearm. The cost of ammo doesn't factor in and as long as they keep buying the prices will stay high. At least until the new wears off or they wise up to the fact they are over paying.

I tend to agree with pyscodog, I'm seeing the same in our area.
Wonder how many used their bonus stimulus checks to purchase new AR-15's , 9mm's, and ammo with the extra money, please don't tell Nancy and her cohorts that though!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

I live near a gun club range, there are people there every day blasting away with AR's and pistols, I would assume that that holds true for the majority of ranges throughout the country. Years ago that range would see little activity until near when hunting seasons started coming around, then the guys would start sighting in their hunting rifles.
THEN: because ammo has gotten expensive, it seems like lots of people are also getting into reloading, which is not helping the component part of it.
Right now they have new gun owners over a barrel, either pay the price for the ammo, or have basically a closet queen, your choice!

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsI tend to agree with pyscodog, I'm seeing the same in our area.
Wonder how many used their bonus stimulus checks to purchase new AR-15's , 9mm's, and ammo with the extra money, please don't tell Nancy and her cohorts that though!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

I live near a gun club range, there are people there every day blasting away with AR's and pistols, I would assume that that holds true for the majority of ranges throughout the country. Years ago that range would see little activity until near when hunting seasons started coming around, then the guys would start sighting in their hunting rifles.
THEN: because ammo has gotten expensive, it seems like lots of people are also getting into reloading, which is not helping the component part of it.
Right now they have new gun owners over a barrel, either pay the price for the ammo, or have basically a closet queen, your choice!

I read on the internet, (take that for what its worth), that now that the stimulus checks have stopped that gun sales are going down. Don't remember the percentage but it was sizeable. When the "rockin' chair" money stops and people have to actually get a job, maybe then we will see the shelves starting to stock back up. One can only guess about prices.

Went to Bass Pro that a local shop. The had pistol primers on the shelf but no large rifle. He said they hadn't got nay of those in the last couple of weeks. He had small rifle but they were gone now. They had quite a bit of shotgun ammo on the shelves. Most target stuff was about $10 a box but the heavy stuff for duck and turkey was considerably higher. I think they had 10 box limit on shotgun shells. BPS is always higher but not a lot in these times.

I was told at Bass Pro your best bet is first thing in the morning. Sounded like you would need to beat a couple retired guys to the shelf. Only in 100 packs though. That's why they had them often. Somebody in the back needs to take the bricks apart and tape the 100 packs shut. They won't do them all at 1 time.

Back