#8 for the year second with suppressed

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Been pretty busy lately and not been to the lease in a month. Went yesterday to check cameras and feeders.

First feeder this sow was nosing around about 15 yards past the feeder. It had not gone off yet and comet to find out it was stopped up again.

A shot through the head just below the eye at the base of jaw put her to sleep.

51287578203_26cc4be060_c_d.jpg

About a 60-70 pound sow.

Went and got in the stand to wait an see if the other feeder would go off. Just before it did, 2 hogs walked by the other feeder but the grass was kind of tall to see and I thought they would wait for it but didn't. A few minutes later and it did go off and another had came up from the left. I tried to shot him in the head facing straight on and he squealed and jumped around and ran off. I found a piece of bloody bone, but no hog. I should have waited for a broad side shot.

I waited to see if the others 2 hogs would come back but they didn't. I thought once I saw something come out toward the feeder but, never could see it good. I finally got down to go check the camera and look for the hog and I saw what it was I had seen earlier. There was a coon under the feeder eating the corn. They are bad about climbing on my feeder and messing up the solar charger, so he took a dirt nap too.

For whatever reason, we don't seem to have as many hogs right now as we normally do.

I hope to have some thermal video of hog kills before long with the new Thermion.

I would love to have a suppressor. Maybe eventually. You will have a great setup once your Thermion arrives.

I got the Thermion week before last. Sighted in yesterday on 300 black out and 6.8spc.

I got the American Defense QD so I can go back and forth and just change profile in the menu. Hope to get one soon in video.

6mm06,
Stop dragging your feet and get you a suppressor. I bought one years ago and have enjoyed it every time I use it. I bought a 30 caliber and run it on 3 different AR’s, my 6.5 creed, 5.56, 300 BLK bolt guns. I won’t even buy a rifle anymore if it doesn’t have a threaded barrel. It really comes in handy when I put it on my sons 300 BLK Ruger American, I don’t want him to have to put up with the tinnitus and deafness I have.

Great job on the hog Yellowhammer.

Yeah, I need to just do it. I guess I have dreaded the nonesense of procedure, paper work and wait.

Back