Range finder

KMAY

Who makes a decent range finder with the ability to accurately range out to 1000 yds? I start looking at them and start to go cross eyed. looking for personal experiences mostly and products that wont outgrow to quickly.

Thanks for any help.

A couple years ago Cabela's had Sig KILO 2200 RF's on sale for $349 so I bought one because it was much so much smaller than my G7 BR2.

I've actually been very impressed with my Sig KILO 2200 it will easily range things to 1K and beyond and reflective things well beyond.

I have the Kilo 2200BDSand I'm very pleased with it. The internal ballistics solver will only give a solution to 800 yards though. If you take one step back it will not give a solution. You have to step up to the 2400ABS if you need more.
However, my 2200 has ranged more than a mile at times and has always given a quick response.

I've been extremely pleased with the Vortex Ranger 1300, it can easily range out to 1000 yards and Vortex has a warranty that's hard to beat.

Last edited:
I have a Leica 1200 Rangemaster Scan and a Sig Kilo 2000. The Leica had a hard time ranging prairie dogs in the field even as close as 300 yards due to flat ground. The Sig never missed a beat and was impressive. I've been able to range out to 1800 yards on reflective targets. The Sig is very fast in returning range values where the Leica would lag. My Sig is an older model and I would think the new ones are even more impressive. Granted to Lecia is an older model. If anything to say about the Leica, it had much better glass whereas the Sig has a bluish tint to it.

In the end, I'd buy another Sig in a heartbeat. The Lecia, not so much.

Looks like I’ll be going with the sig kilo 2200. The Leica sounds great but just not in the budget right now.

Thanks for the help guys.

I agree with the sig 2200. I bought one from cabelas for the same price that B23 did. I have used it on deer, coyotes, prairie dogs, etc and it has never missed a beat. No problems ranging out to 1000 or a bit over on animals. I like it because it is small which doesn’t make much clutter when you are wearing it and harnessed binos while bow hunting. For prairie dogs, I found a guy that 3D prints tripod mounts for them which helps greatly when ranging mounds out to 1000

Ive got the sig 2000 (first model of the 2200). Out to 1000 no problem, instant feed back, will allow you to scan and give measurements as you move. Very happy with mine.

Back