Like a chicken with it's head cut off

Rustydust

Finally after a few years of not being able to go shoot prairie dogs looks like I am finally able to go again. Good thing as I am not getting any younger and one day, much sooner than I want, I will not be able to go at all and I am not ready for that to be this year.

Even though departure date is still couple days out here I am running around try to get things packed up and wondering what to bring an what to leave at home. Usually I overpack but that's better than needed something and not having it. I have a long check list that I have been using for a good number of years. It gets modified somewhat as time goes on. The usual things like clothes and toiletries, camera (now just phone) flashlights, white noise fan for the motel, daily pills, shooting vest, potty chair (always a big hit with others when needed) and just personal stuff. Pack and re-pack the big black Rubbermaid tote with ammo and try to get is stuffed as much as I can. Stick boxes of .22 ammo in the cracks along with soft stuff like my boonie hat and a towel or two. Hey- again better to have then not have. Go back in the house, drink the last of the coffee or the first of the ice tea then go back out and start wondering if I need this or that or forgot anything. Here it is Weds morning and I got the truck ready to load. Just need my big soft bag for my duds and motel room to load and that is always last with the guns. Good to be retired so that I got all the time I need to do this. I could do it all in just a day or so but hey-packing your truck for a week long prairie dog trip is just part of the experience. To me, it will be a success if I come back with half the ammo that I am bringing along. Just hoping that's the case.

Retirement is great! "Every day is Saturday"

I've never gone after prairie dogs but recently discovered sage rats in Oregon. Great times! I look forward to reading your after action report.

Good luck sir!

Originally Posted By: Retired GuyRetirement is great! "Every day is Saturday"

I've never gone after prairie dogs but recently discovered sage rats in Oregon. Great times! I look forward to reading your after action report.

Good luck sir!

Thank you! I sure do hope that I have some glowing tales to share in a week or so. I very much sure do.

30-rushen-at-145-yards.jpg

22-250-200.jpg

josie-went-a-hunten.jpg

Good luck, we found a few the other day.

Back