.358 Yeti

Acronin

This is a cartridge I believe developed by Mad Dog Weapon Systems and I'm VERY interested in it. We hunt hogs on private property and I feel like this would be everything I'd need in an AR platform.

Does anybody have any experience with it? The ballistics look fantastic and very efficient.

I have a MDWS 6mm Mongoose and it's turned into my favorite cartridge. Amazingly accurate.

I think the YETI ballistics say it launches a 200gr bullet from a 16" tube at 2600fps.

Thanks for any information.

I've read up on the Yeti for years and think its probably a great hog round. BTW I've never seen a wild hog. I'm curious, are you a member over on MDWS chitchat? If so, why are you asking this question here?
If you're actually curious, ask away surely someone will offer something up.

After I posted my response I re-read your initial post. You're a full of it shill. If you shoot the MDWS Mongoose you [beeep] sure know about the YETI, he posts on Kexel's website all the freaking time!

Originally Posted By: SubpaRAfter I posted my response I re-read your initial post. You're a full of it shill. If you shoot the MDWS Mongoose you [beeep] sure know about the YETI, he posts on Kexel's website all the freaking time!

Dear Lord. . . I know about it, I haven't shot it. Yes I'm on MDWS forum. (https://mdws.forumchitchat.com/?forum=557720)

I didn't say I didn't hear of it or knew about it. I'm asking people who know about it what their experience is with it. What part of my post mentions me not knowing about this cartridge or even that it's new to me?

Bruce did some barrels for my buddy and the MDWS line is not the only work they do.

I have a 24" heavy barreled stainless 6mm Mongoose barrel in an upper they made for a guy who I acquired it from in a trade.

Been shooting it for 2 years now.

I'm on the facebook page as well. Does that make you mad that I didn't post the question there first as well?

What does it hurt to post here? Did I hurt your feelings in some way?

I didn't realize that I wasn't able to post on a MDWS cartridge outside of their forum.

But thanks for the permission to post questions on here "if I'm actually curious...".

Dear lord... Go back to bed.

Why go with something that's that expensive, from a lone distributer and hard to find parts. Just use a 308. If big bore ar15 is wanted why not just 458socom. Nothing you hit out to 300m with the socom or 308 is going to complain about bullet selection

Back