Budget Bushcraft Pack Skinners RETURN!

Ok Guys, To my knowledge, the list has been played out! All have been contacted. (If somehow I missed you, please let me know asap!)

From now on I will try to keep Alex going on knives as he has time, and I will get him to profile out different styles. I will also keep David going on Pens, letter openers, and etc.

We'll still accept orders, I may even start forwarding your contacts to them directly and begin teaching them to do customer contacts as well.

When we don't have orders going, we will post them up for open sale, and they will go first come first served. So please watch for this thread to pop up occasionally!

I have to thank you all again for supporting and encouraging both Alex and David on this! My homeschooling efforts are being rewarded with brain wrinkles that seem to be set in, and this one is due to you guys! I recognize that completely, and thank you all sincerely. This is wonderful stuff, in the long run, when they look back on their education with me, they'll know that you guys have been a very important part of their early years. THANK YOU!

Steve

bb1 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

bb2 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Batch of Buckeye Burl Budget Bushcraft Skinners By RainShadow2 (Alex) who subcontracted RainShadow3 (David) to do a few steps for him.

Thanks to Big Rick from RR Calls for the nice burl wood!

This whole batch is for one customer, they are already pending sale.

The “list” has been exhausted... if you’d like to order a budget bushcraft knife, please send me a message with an email address. I will forward them to Alex, and he can begin the “customer contact” portion of his training... and take ‘one off’ custom orders directly from you! (I will supervise, and make sure he takes good notes and collects contact information.)

Thanks for the help you all have been raising my boys!

man those are slick lookin. kudo's to RS2 and RS3 for putting in some good work.

interesed in one or maybe several. pm sent
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1InkedreB_LI by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

L1 is still available... Send me a message.

Also taking custom orders! He's on plantone's order right now! Make it your design or his, interact directly with the maker from now on, send me a message and I'll connect you!

Ok, here he goes, the post I'm making...

"RainShadow2 (16yo son, Alex) made these two recently. Custom orders that he handled himself, start to finish.

Alex is continuing the “Budget Bushcraft Pack Skinners” for the RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives Shop!
Sawmill bandsaw blade steel, amazing performance and unbelievable toughness!

Message me and I can connect you with a budding entrepreneur who has JUST taken flight!"

ab1 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Custom profile, Micarta.

ab2 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Traditional profile, Desert Ironwood

as the recipient of that ironwood handled blade... wow!

thanks Alex (RS2) for a great blade! turned out incredible.

and yea... i could shave with this thing. lets just say you dont wanna oopsie with one of these in your hand!

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1
bb1 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

bb2 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Batch of Buckeye Burl Budget Bushcraft Skinners By RainShadow2 (Alex) who subcontracted RainShadow3 (David) to do a few steps for him.

Thanks to Big Rick from RR Calls for the nice burl wood!

This whole batch is for one customer, they are already pending sale.

Customer for this whole batch has gone silent without payment...

Time has passed with regular attempts to contact, and these have been ignored.

These knives are up for open sale, please let me know if you'd like one....

Thanks!

Buyer came through for the batch of 10, so they're gone.

If you'd like to get in touch with the Budget Knife Maker, or the Pen/Letter Opener maker, send me a text number or email address, and I'll get them in touch with you. Thanks!

so i never got to field test my blade last year due to not taking a deer....

finally did this year and omfg! this thing went thru deer hair like it wasnt even there!

i have never field dressed a deer with a blade this sharp in my life, no less doing two in a season without any kind of touchup at all. the second deer felt like what i would consider a typical "sharp" knife acts.

just wild stuff. please pass along my compliments to the maker for his incredible work! he's got something figured out thats for sure!

Thanks Plant! I'll pass it along.

He's on break from his first quarter of Jr college now, but he's working 20hrs and has a truck to fix, so I don't know if he wants back in the knife shop! Possibly, if someone wanted to order. I could lite a fire under him!

Berrnard, I’m going to team up with the boys to get Plant covered, then there will be a few more available.

I’ll put them up for sale.

Then this Spring the younger brother is going to take over the budget blades, so they’ll be available to-order again.

He’s got skills… he’s the pen/letter opener guy, and he’s built several customs, mostly cleavers. He’s done most of his brother’s sheathing, and most of the other steps of the knife process.

David is 16, almost 17, Jr in HS. Lineman captain on the football team, does guitar (electric/acoustic/bass) and fiddle on youth and senior worship teams, competition fiddler, also plays mandolin, & banjo, throws in track, and is a great kid! He’s looking into metal trades and elementary school teaching (he’s dreaming about Alaska) for his future. He’s a good investment, and he’ll put out some great knives!

Feel free to message me about now and future budget blades. We’ll get you on the list!

just snagged two more as the ones i had previously ordered were epic and i just had to add another to my collection instead of using them as gifts.

these blades are amazing!

David is here for a week, he's working on "HIS OWN" design for the budget bushcraft blade! He might get a few posted for sale, but He'll be back full time in March to continue his run in the shop.

I personally love the Makoriv style we just did, and I've got some slightly heavier sawmill bandsaw blade steel, I think I'm going to try to do a run of those and see what people think!

Back