My impressions of the YHM Turbo 556 with the final footage

SnowmanMo

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the last part of today's footage. My overall impression of the YHM Turbo 556 is positive. It is small, light, easy to use. The First Round Pop (FRP) is not bad. About the same as an unsuppressed .22lr pistol. The POI shift is about 4 inches low when the suppressor is installed. The gas restriction is not as much as the YHM Phantom that I use on my .30 cal rifles. The Phantom creates quite a bit of restriction. I have to back off my gas setting 4 clicks from unsuppressed to suppressed. On the Turbo, it is about 2 clicks.

Are there quieter suppressors that have zero POI shift? Yes. But they come with the appropriate sized price tag. Having used the Surefire, I can attest to how nice they are. But you better be ready for a price tag North of $1200-1500 dollars to get your hands on one. I paid $325 for the Turbo. So add in the $200 tax stamp and 10 months waiting, it made it worthwhile.

The YHM Turbo 556 is a nice entry level suppressor. It suppresses quite nicely and won't break the bank for an entry level suppressor shooter. It is full auto rated, stainless steel and mounts with the standard QD YHM mount. It would also be a good choice for someone looking to add another suppressor to their collection. It would be a good suppressor for a hunter as it is light and small.

I have no regrets getting the YHM Turbo 556 and would recommend it.

Thank you so much for posting the videos! I will be glad when I can finally pick up my Turbo (though it’s only been four months so far so I have a bit of a wait)!

Thanks for posting that. I have a Turbo and a Turbo K coming, I don't think you can beat them for the money. I also have a DA Nomad-L on order, I will be interested to see just how much quieter the Nomad-L is for more than twice the money, it will mostly be used on a 12" Grendel SBR.

Also, as the shooter could you tell any difference in noise between the .17 and the .223? In theory the .17 should create a smaller sonic boom.

Last edited:
The 17 seemed to be a sharper snap. A bit higher pitched. I originally got the Turbo to hunt foxes and bobcats with my 17 AR. But my original 17 was a bull barrel and then putting the YHM Phantom on it about gave me a hernia. That's why I got the Turbo. Then I decided to build a lighter upper for it. Didn't seem right to put a light can on a beast of an upper.

Back