Foxpro remote range

jmeddy

Anyone know a trick to get more response distance out of a fusion. Foxpro has replaced the remote and that does did nothing so l sent the call and remote back to them. They said they changed some stuff inside but still it is not reliable past 20yds.
I always elevate it on a 15” tripod and use eneloop and foxpro rechargeables in the call and duracells in the remote.
I called them a couple weeks ago and the tech had me change the caller’s setting to lithium batteries instead of alkaline. I thought that did the trick when home testing BUT the 3 nites l went hunting it acted as before.
My fury 2 with the old remote works to over 100 yds sitting on the ground and can be out of sight around a roll or in a dip. I use the same batteries in it.

Thx in advance, Mike

for sure something wrong. but you already know that.

sounds like it has been back to the foxpro hospital a couple times. if they cant fix it, might be time to say goodbye to it.

Open up the caller. Strip end of antenna add 8-10 feet of wire using a wire nut. Fold wire up in to handle and reassemble. I did this on a wildfire and it went from 15yds to 80yds of range. Very simple to do. Same theory as a coil on cb antenna. At this point nothing to lose.

i tried adding wire like suggested to several older callers to increase the range. never worked on any of them. lol

my fusion callers have always had great range and reliability.

Did as decoyed suggested and can say it is like a whole new machine. Setting on the ground it responds 99% of the time when 60-100 yds from me.

Good to know. Why dont Foxpro do/know this?? With the cost they should work to 75 yrds min preferably over 100..

Last edited:
Back