What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Last summer I picked up a Rem 700 30-06 for 99.99 on clearance at Wal-Mart. I found a nice used HS precision stock and bdl metal. A neighbor gave me 60# of brass. I went through it and pulled out 150 rem brass. Cleaned it, sized it. I also purchased 250 165 gr sp(unknown brand, they look like core lokt or mag tips). I put a EGW rail and a Sightron stac on for load work, I only loaded 10 rounds for break in and zero the scope. Adjusted the trigger to 2 3/4#.

Ordered 1500 bullets from Oregon Trail. 9mm, 45acp, 45lc. Still have over 1000 sp primers, will load the big stuff when the lp primers become available.

Loaded about 2 boxes of .338 Win mag with 250 gr Partition and another couple boxes worth with 225 gr Interbond

Loaded .300 Win Mag with 180 gr SP and IMR7977 to test charge weights through the chrono for nodes.

Started the grueling process of sizing/expanding about 9000 pcs of 9mm brass.

Still buying the all the stuff I need. I got a case tumbler and media yesterday and ran some brass through it.

I also got some Hornady 6.5 143 grain eldx bullets yesterday.

So I and getting closer. Still needs some things before I am ready to start loading. Next big purchase will be a power scale/charger.

Went to the range and shot some 45ACP and 9MM. The guys were shooting the same stuff so I went home with 2-3 times of what I shot in brass. Already punched out the spent primers and resized them all.

Reviewed my test targets with H322 in my AR. Loaded up some slightly hotter loads with the Sierra #1365 and #1390 bullets to try. Most of my stuff is middle of the road on powder charges. I want to see if close to maximum and maximum loads shoot as well. I'm thinking of going back to my 223 for dogs this fall. The .204 Ruger was hit and miss for me. The miss, well that is on me. I've no idea what the heck I'm doing with the missing. I shoot rimfire almost daily out to 100 yards with great lethality. Coyotes have been tough for me this year.

Used the last of my unique to roll 50 45auto. Ordered a new speer manual. Prepped 50 6.8 cases for powder and 90gr Gold dot. Gotta get the Dillon spitting out 223 soon.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteReviewed my test targets with H322 in my AR. Loaded up some slightly hotter loads with the Sierra #1365 and #1390 bullets to try. Most of my stuff is middle of the road on powder charges. I want to see if close to maximum and maximum loads shoot as well. I'm thinking of going back to my 223 for dogs this fall. The .204 Ruger was hit and miss for me. The miss, well that is on me. I've no idea what the heck I'm doing with the missing. I shoot rimfire almost daily out to 100 yards with great lethality. Coyotes have been tough for me this year.

Sierra says that #1365 is better suited to the fast cartridges.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/product/22-caliber-55-gr-sbt/

What type of velocity are aiming for with the #1390? I have a lot of experience with that bullet. It is accurate in all AR15's.

Found a good load for my model seven predator 223 using 25.3gr of imr 8208, sierra 1365 and rem 7 1/2. Took awhile but got me 2 5 shot groups under an inch @100. Started out with having basically 2 separate groups with 5 rounds fired, played with seating depth put them together. The rifle is nice and topped with a burris ffii bdc 3-9

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zastava223rem-Picked up some of RMR's 69 gr Match bullets to try in the 18" SPR

Have you loaded and shot any of the RMR 69grs?
I ordered 2,000 yesterday for my Rem 700P .223

AR,
I don't have a chronograph yet. I do have an older Sierra manual that lists 24.3 grains (max load) of H322 at 3000fps. They list their test firearm as a Colt AR15-A2. I increased the seating depth to 2.250"for the #1390, which is .010" of an inch longer than what they used. Shoots at just about 1/2 inch at 100 yards with my 18 inch X-caliber AR barrel. Same with the #1365 and 26.5 grains of Varget loaded to 2.260". I'll turn them into minute of cornfield when I see a Coyote the way I've been shooting lately!!!

Last edited:
I have so much love for that #1390 bullet! I have shot most of my Coyotes with it. Its just wonderful.

Never tried it with H322. As a matter of fact i have never tried H322.

I just barely clear 3002 fps average with 26.1 grains of H4895 in my 16 inch Coyote rifle with the 1390's. It will not do 1/2 MOA though. It will however, shoot in the mid .6 MOA region with great consistency. Even at 200 yards!

Today i played with Hornady 60gr Vmax at the shooting club in my 18" M12. AR-Comp gave blistering velocities with no pressure and great groups to boot at the Hornady 5.56 max load. Will likely go a touch higher to test the waters. I always have to know where pressure is. Unless groups go to crap of course. I Am still reviewing and recording my data. By memory i think i was at 3000fps +?? Will update when i am not guessing.

I also shot my 7x57M with the 150gr ELD-X and 51.2gr of RL19 2650fps out of a 22 inch sporter. Shoots fine.

LMT MRP with Sierra 77gr bullets and H4895 22.7 grains gives 2585fps out a 16 inch barrel with the slightest port pressure scratches and swipes.

My 20inch AR15 with Sierra 77gr bullets and PP Varmint. At 25 grains with CCI#41 primers i was right at 2800fps and excellent accuracy with no pressure signs on the brass.

I am loving my new lab radar.

Found some reloading components somewhat locally. One smaller shop I went to had pallets of Remington ammo. 22LR thunderbolts, 9mm, 40 S&W, 223 and 45ACP. Said it just came in a few days ago.

Scheels even had more ammo than I have seen for some time along with some reloading components.

Mills Fleet Farm wasnt worth the stop.

Coring (seating the core in the jacket), and swaging out (pointing up) 140gr .357/9mm bullets. right now ok on jackets for those, (probably 300 in .500x.355, with another 500 in .660x355"

Need to get some more jackets (.308 x.925") to get some more 113gr JHP FB .30 calibers up I'm down to 200 /300. Within the next several weeks.

I am waiting on repiles from two buddies (1 in TX (.30BR) the other in AZ (30-06)) on samples I gave them for testing, I was targeting the 30 BR cartridge with the .30 cal in the JHPFB 113gr. as it (cartridge) is a screamer if they work well, then they would also work for .300 Black, .308 family.

What I really need to do is Call Larry Blackmon on the .224" swaging dies so I can get some cheap JHPFB varmint bullets going. Then do the 6 months or so wait, unless he has them on hand.

Plus clean up that gawd awful mess I have on my bench. I'm such a slob sometimes.

Forgot... Found some 8208 XBR last week. They were unpacking a pallet of different powders. It hurt at $40.00 a pound but I purchased two. Should last me a good long time if that's what it comes to.

Found a box of nosler 40 grain 20 cal at local store, will be good to try in a new 20 tac rifle i have coming.

2 new ac window units in shop and prepped 50 pieces of 223 down to 20 tac getting ready for the new build.

Back