Hunting No Matter What: Kirsch Chronicles

Kirsch

This hunt was a late January/early February hunt. The humidity was 100% with areas of fog. I changed locations twice to attempt to stay out of the really heavy fog. The Super Hogster and Phenom worked all winter for me regardless of the conditions and were a big part to how successful my season was.

I would say the majority of nights I hunted this year where above 85% humidity with probably 30-40% above 95% humidity. I also hunted more foggy nights than the last 4 prior year's combined. Our warmer than normal winter led to more humidity and more fog than I am used to. I know I have said this lots and lots of times, but one of my favorite things about the Hogsters is the humidity has so little impact on the image quality.

In your videos you're so darn steady when breaking a shot. In mine well..... not always
smile.gif

Thank you. I have to give credit to the Night Stalker Pro tripod. Some would say I rush my shots but it works for me.

Another fine episode, thanks. I know it's a guess, but how far do you think you can call a coyote from in that open country?

Originally Posted By: weekenderAnother fine episode, thanks. I know it's a guess, but how far do you think you can call a coyote from in that open country? Miles as long as it isn't too windy and using an electronic call. Especially when the ground is frozen and if there isn't a lot of snow, it seems to just echo off the ground. We can hear coyotes howl from several miles away on calmer days/nights.

You may not be asking how far they can hear it, but how far away can they be and still respond to the sound. The deeper the snow, the less chance they are going to move any great distance. It is simply too hard for them to move. Also, it depends on the sound being used and if I am outside of their territory. My answer is still miles in the right conditions.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: weekenderAnother fine episode, thanks. I know it's a guess, but how far do you think you can call a coyote from in that open country? Miles as long as it isn't too windy and using an electronic call. Especially when the ground is frozen and if there isn't a lot of snow, it seems to just echo off the ground. We can har coyotes howl from several miles away on calmer days/nights.

You may not be asking how far they can hear it, but how far away can they be and still respond to the sound. The deeper the snow, the less chance they are going to move any great distance. It is simply too hard for them to move. Also, it depends on the sound being used and if I am outside of their territory. My answer is still miles in the right conditions.

Thanks for your response.

Originally Posted By: carvercallsI am very well pleased with my super hogster and Phenom.. Fantastic units.. Glad to hear they are working well for you.

Back