Weapons of War and Mass Destruction

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhy do they always shoot up places where they know the people are probably unarmed. Did I just answer my own question?? Ya I think ya did. In any of these shootings it would
be something if more people were armed inside like that church shooting that went down a while back.

Originally Posted By: dennydSo which is it?
10,thousand something deaths caused by firearms.
Or 40 something thousand deaths caused by firearms?

Anybody know for sure? 40 thousand sounds a bit rich. Wouldn't want to bring that to an argument.

In the last decade or two, we tend to have somewhere around 35,000 deaths per year in the US...fairly close to that per yer, total firearms deaths. Each year, somewhere around 55-60% of those are suicides. Only a tiny fraction are with "the a word" rifles....less than 5%. About 2/3 are with handguns. An example of statistics from Pew Research in 2017 (results vary by year, of course, and it seems the anti's numbers are always notably higher, and "figures lie, and liars figure" applies as you see fit):

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Interesting stats from this study is that the highest firearms death rate per capita is in rural states by and large, where it appears at a glance that suicides by firearm are similar in number to homidices by firearm. Unfortunately, this data does not tell numbers by locale, or I'm sure the homicides would show higher in the more populated areas, even on a per capita basis. I will research that a bit. Point is that most gun deaths per year in the US are suicides, mist if which are prob not preventable just by removing the gun from the equation. I know folks who had messed up lives, and ended it with a gun, a car and a tree, hanging, drugs, slow and painful with alcohol....heck, most of us do it with food....the hands-down #1 killer of humans in the US, yes, food. Abortion kills way more per year than guns, cars, etc., etc. combined. I could go on......

Point - they want people control, and trying to get at guns, is one way to do it.

Over 65% of firearm homicides occur during the act of another felony(usually with a handgun and a previous felony). But democrat governors and courts continue to release suspects, now often without bail. I wonder is this an attempt to raise crime rates and headlines for an agenda or to "keep us safe", which is their anti bill of rights mantra.

Strange, I was just thinking exactly the same thing earlier today after seeing they let a cop killer out of jail. A lot of things are making no sense, unless as stated there is an agenda.

I bet if booze wasn't taxed and all the monies didn't go into the system it'd be banned.
Look at cell texting, it kills thousands, legal prescription drugs- same.

There is only a handful of gun accidents compared to murderous shooting rampages and self defense.
Somebody needs to figure out a way to make the government want to keep guns around.
Once they make the gun manufactures responsible, it's game over otherwise.

Back