What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Very nice looking ammo pictured above, both/all pictures.

I’m on a 30 Carbine kick right now with 110 grain plated RN bullets. I have a bunch of old IMR-4227 powder I’m trying to use up, one of those ‘free’ powder deals from a former reloader.

I have about 100+ more cases to go, then back to 223 & 22-250 dogging ammo.

Originally Posted By: muskrat30 Very nice looking ammo pictured above, both/all pictures.

I’m on a 30 Carbine kick right now with 110 grain plated RN bullets. I have a bunch of old IMR-4227 powder I’m trying to use up, one of those ‘free’ powder deals from a former reloader.

I have about 100+ more cases to go, then back to 223 & 22-250 dogging ammo.

Got a bunch of old .30 Carbine myself, in the process of removing bullets to reload into rabbit fart .30-30 loads with IMR3031

I've been cleaning up a bunch of misc. .308 brass, mostly mixed headstamp with some military, and sorting out some 223. Also messing around with powder coating different cast bullets. Doing some accuracy tests with it.

Loaded up some 357 and 41 magnum. 2400 on the 357 and Accurate #9 on 41. Might roll some 6.5 cm tonight.

My wife doesn't understand, but reloading is my relaxation time. therapeutic so to speak.

Cleaned out a lot of bins of brass and bullets I doubt Ill use, probably list them on the EE. Also bought another 2 lbs of IMR7977, 2 more lbs of H4831 and another lb of IMR4451 to try out

I just used the last of my empty fired Rio hulls, 4 boxes.
3" Duplex steel #2x#b 1 1/4 oz.
I load, half and half ( by weight) steel shot, no buffer.
36 gr steel powder 5 point crimp.
We shoot them through .669 extended ported choke tubes.
Very good, full patterns at 50 yards.
Great for pass shooting ducks and greater honkers over decoys.

Picked up a can of Varget and a can of H4350 $36.99 ea. I don't know if that's high, never used Varget before, hadn't bought H4350 in years. LGS is 4 miles from home, on the way to the range so I figure hunting for a better price would use more in gas than I can save. Also Resized some 250 Sav brass I had just fired off, and had to trash half because of split necks. Label on the box said I loaded them in 1983, for the fourth time. May load up some 8X57JR later and pull an old Drilling from the back of the safe.

Originally Posted By: masshunterPicked up a can of Varget and a can of H4350 $36.99 ea. I don't know if that's high, never used Varget before, hadn't bought H4350 in years. LGS is 4 miles from home, on the way to the range so I figure hunting for a better price would use more in gas than I can save. Also Resized some 250 Sav brass I had just fired off, and had to trash half because of split necks. Label on the box said I loaded them in 1983, for the fourth time. May load up some 8X57JR later and pull an old Drilling from the back of the safe.

Retail price is $35 for most Hodgdon and IMR rifle powders now, $37 for two powders that are insanely hard to find is quite reasonable. Varget is a great one and popular for a reason. I never had much luck with it in .223 Rem but it sure does work wonders in .45-70 and .22-250

-Struck out on .444 Marlin brass, Starline is anticipating a backorder of a year?? Ouch.

-Traded some powder
-Sold some brass and bullets
-Bought a little bit of Speer .44 Cal to try in a couple rifles
-Overpaid for a set of .444 Marlin dies
-Pondering if I really need a 10mm pistol or not

Hopefully gonna get to shoot this weekend and do some groundhog hunting here in PA

I have about 1/2 lb of Varget from many years ago. Played with it in my 22-250 & the rifle liked it but I found a load with another powder it liked better & never did anything else with it.

I'd like to play with it some more but need to find another lb or 2 if I'm going to really trying working up loads. I'd hate to find one with promise only to run out of powder LOL

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI have about 1/2 lb of Varget from many years ago. Played with it in my 22-250 & the rifle liked it but I found a load with another powder it liked better & never did anything else with it.

I'd like to play with it some more but need to find another lb or 2 if I'm going to really trying working up loads. I'd hate to find one with promise only to run out of powder LOL

Not sure where you are from but if you are near Pennsylvania and travel through Pittsburgh or Harrisburg, I can spare a pound

Pulled the last of a bucket of .30 Carbine and wet tumbled the bullets. They came out looking new so theyll be loaded in .30-30 this week.

Also got a backorder of 9mm 124 gr FMJ from 3 months ago that showed up on the porch.

Mobil AL

I have a friend in NY state who needs some primers & powder. I have some primers I'd give him if I could figure out a reasonable way to get them up there but so far everything we've though of hasn't worked out.

Currently putting a new top and enclosing the shelf on my bench. It was a reclaimed dining room table that has seen quite a bit of use and cracked in a few places. Had to modify it to be able to mount up the new Redding T7 and I wanted lockable storage below for more components

Finished retopping the bench and installed the Redding T7.
Also got to finally shoot some and found Winchester 231 and a 158 gr bullet in .357 mag makes for very soft recoiling practice ammo.

Took a college friend of mine out too and introduced a new shooter to the sport, he's already talking about building an AR

Found
-500 ct BR-2 primers locally
-500 ct Winchester #41 primers
-500 ct Rem STS 209 primers to play with shotgun loading
-.444 Marlin dies and a shell holder
-couple .44 Mag MTM ammo boxes

I've had everything to reload 204 but had enough factory ammo I haven't loaded any and hadn't shot my bolt action much. I was getting the itch to shoot it. Midwayusa had a shilen barrel so I bought it and built an upper. I've been loading 40 grain v max, 32 v max and 34 grain dog town. The 32 and 40's are 1 inch groups at 200 yards. Going to try the dog town this weekend. I always thought it was a little small for coyote but heard Les Johnson say on the O'Neill ops video it works good. I'm going to see what they think of it.

Loaded a little over 100 rds of .30-30 with 110 gr FMJRN .30 Carbine bullets and 26.5 gr IMR3031.

-Sized .308, .300 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, .338 Win Mag, .270 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor and then cleaned them.

Planning to load .338 Win Mag and .300 Win mag this week with Partitions in both.

Back