Will used gun prices come down in price ?

NDAR15MAN

I am just shocked what used gun prices are bringing at in per person auctions and internet auctions like gun broker. Do you think we will see a crash in prices or if lucky 20 % decline every year for 3 or 4 years and get back to let’s say a December 2019 Prices ?
Thanks Marty

Last edited:
I went to a gun show last week end. First one in a long time. I was shocked at some prices people were asking. Not all were high and some even what I considered normal. But some were way out of line. I saw two Ruger 10/22's with the heavy factory barrel. One was $850 and the other was $900. An 870 in the laminate stock that Wally World sold for like $200 was $850. One dealer was selling new guns and his prices were better than some I had seen in the local shops. There's hope, its just slow coming.

I'm curious, are either one of you guys under 60? Do you watch or see any news?
No offense meant, yes psycodog, I think you're retired. But why are you asking these questions, isn't it clear to you why people are paying these prices? Fear of the unknown drives prices crazy and when you have a Dementia patient at the helm, everything is unknown!

While we're at it do you guys have any idea what the gold or silver prices will do? Sarcasm, I read that it doesn't come across very good in text.

Come to the conclusion, stupid people will pay stupid prices.
As a young child I recall several stories that were told over and over. They stick with me to this day, chicken little the sky is falling, the other crying wolf. Pretty easy to understand for all ages but a huge majority of young folks today have never heard it, probably to violent.

There are still honest decent prices out there. Too many get caught up in the auction and think they are bidding on a one of a kind or the last one ever.

I just bought a 10/22 classic for $10 more than my wholesale could get it for.

The social media is largely responsible for the actions of many, run, run the sky is falling. Amazing to me how many there.

for those in the back not paying attention to whats been going on.... we're a year and an administration change into the largest gun buy in history. it started because of riots and lockdowns. and then the election got in the way.

yes prices should come down eventually - but that'll depend on what legislation does or does not pass between then and now.

part of the problem is all the normies ran out and bought guns too. which is fantastic for gun ownership, but s*cky for gun ownership at the same time. there's millions more new gun owners who have toys to feed.

add that into the panic buy because stupid politics stuff... so no shocker prices are up.

It's almost like law abiding citizens believe they will be allowed to keep firearms, completely outside the fundamental change the democrats have been promising for years and also the 2030 reset that John Kerry has pronounced ahead of schedule.

They tried to get them before and failed they will fail again. May be some new regs to make it a little tougher on us. To many honest gun owners who believe in the 2nd. They will have to kick my door in and physically take mine. I ain't giving nothing away.

Like Plant One said, lots of panic buying and gougers on the internet driving prices up. Many first time gun buyers wanting ammo for their new firearm and willing to buy just to shoot. It may take a while but it will settle back down. It always does. May not be tomorrow or even this year but it will.

Eventually yes, but a lot of things have to fall in line for that to happen. As far as specific guns like Marlins and Remingtons, No, you will likely never see those $500 BDL's at gunshows anymore.

Yeah prices will drop eventually. It's crazy that those budget rifles that most companies were making are running at premium prices. I've seen quite a few ruger americans in the $600.00 range. I laugh about the people adding 1 box of factory ammo in with a gun for $100.00 more.

Originally Posted By: reb8600If people quit paying the high prices, things will come down

I'd say that's about as 100% true as it gets. Simply rules of supply and demand.

But, I think a lot of the buying frenzy is stemmed from a variety of fears. Whether it be peoples everyday fear of being able to protect their families and selves or fear they'll never be able to purchase the things folks seem to be frantically buying.

I read that March had the most gun sales ever. I don't remember the number now but it was crazy. New gun owners want to shoot so they will pay stupid prices for ammo. When they finally get tired of being ripped off maybe it will get back to some what normal. I saw 22-250, box of 20, for $50 in a pawn shop the other day. No way in he11 I would pay that.

You cannot discount that guns and ammo dried up.There are a bunch of NEW gun owners who have no idea what they should be paying for any particular gun.They can give a complete break down of a computer or video game and never think about pricing a gun before plucking down twice the going price.
There are still decent deals for those that know. I picked up a 270wsm model 70 coyote with a vortex razor for 1100. 2 boxes of core lokts for 30 each.
This too shall pass.

There are still alot of Gun Show Stealers that are taking advantage of those who don't know. To many "get it now while you still can" sales pitch's going on. Like Sandy Hicks said, those who know can find deals and also know when to pass. Those that don't spend their money. Sometimes an education is expensive.

I have essentially quit going to gun shows. Too many “worn out” guns at ridiculous prices, and I am talking about before the riots, lock down and election. In days gone by I rarely missed a gun show in the area. Back then you could get decent deals and had good variety, but the last three or so trips have been so discouraging, with both the lack of quality of available firearms, plus outrageous prices, that I don’t go anymore.

As to the original question, supply and demand dictate prices overall. There is a lot of uncertainty with regards to government and potential social unrest that it’s hard to say what might happen with availability and prices.

I have read that the Remington Ammunition's plant in Arkansas is ramping back up and making ammo. I also heard from a friend that the firearms division is going to be making firearms again. (don't shoot the messenger) If that's true, the prices on Remingtons could possibly start coming down. Maybe not on the older models that are collectable, like the old 40X or the wood stock BDL, but the ones built of late with the cheap plastic stock and the matte finish metal should drop back to normal prices again. Like I was saying, I haven't read where they are building firearms as of yet and it was only information from a friend. This is only my thoughts as what might or should happen.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI have read that the Remington Ammunition's plant in Arkansas is ramping back up and making ammo. I also heard from a friend that the firearms division is going to be making firearms again. (don't shoot the messenger) If that's true, the prices on Remingtons could possibly start coming down. Maybe not on the older models that are collectable, like the old 40X or the wood stock BDL, but the ones built of late with the cheap plastic stock and the matte finish metal should drop back to normal prices again. Like I was saying, I haven't read where they are building firearms as of yet and it was only information from a friend. This is only my thoughts as what might or should happen.

Yes Sir I can confirm that they are now running, but are filling other contracts first. So I would not expect a lot of positive influx at first.

On when can we see prices sorta return to prior to the current Admistration??
I don't see that happening (this is a opinion) with the mass printing of money our dollar loses it's value.

Could we see the price go down? yes but quality and options will suffer and drop dramatically.

Yes the new shooter are driving prices and demand up, which is simple supply and demand as many have pointed out. Plus the lock downs means that production of componets has been crippled not just in the US but worldwide. Consider the powder that many of us use, majority of that powder while brought into the US by US powder company's are from abroad. Canada, Austraila, etc etc. I would say if one disagrees with my obseravtions please point to a powder that is actually made within the US. now I used powder as a talking point, but componets means everything to make the rifle or ammo.

I was glad to see Remage website. I noticed that they are listing the 783 as well as the flagships (700,870's). To the dismay of some that don't really care for the 783.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: reb8600If people quit paying the high prices, things will come down

I'd say that's about as 100% true as it gets. Simply rules of supply and demand.

But, I think a lot of the buying frenzy is stemmed from a variety of fears. Whether it be peoples everyday fear of being able to protect their families and selves or fear they'll never be able to purchase the things folks seem to be frantically buying.

While I totally agree with both comments, the problem is people are still paying outrageous prices. Some just have a lot deeper pockets than others and will pay what ever they have to just to get what they want. I saw an SPS Remington on another site and they were asking $1550 for it. It did have a scope but come on, a $500 rifle asking three times the value. While asking and getting are two different things...still??? Does the guy really want to sell it or just waiting on a fool to part with his money??

Back