Wanenmacher Show

pyscodog

Any of you make it? I went for a little while but its so crowded its hard to see anything. Saw a few good deals and some not so good. I only saw a fraction of what was there for the time spent. Found a rifle I really wanted but just couldn't make my mind up. It was a sweet Sako 78 HB in 22LR. It was priced right but just couldn't talk myself in to it.....yet. Ammo prices were all over the place. I saw 223 for $500 per 1000 and it went up from there. Very little reloading stuff but I missed a lot so there may have been more that I just didn't see. I saw a very clean 788 Rem in 44mag. You don't see them everyday. Price was $2100. YIKES!

All in all, its a great gun show and the "World's Largest", but its really hard to see everything in one day and the crowds just seem to wear me out. Now a lot sooner than when I was much younger. Getting old sucks!

I have a friend(from Mn) who sets a table of collectible firearms at the show. Will hear his take in a couple days. Went to a local show before a round of sporting clays with friends. Powder 60-75/pound. Primers 12-15/100. Not a lot of either, needed an AR15 bcg so I wouldn't have to swap between 2 uppers. Found a new nickel boron reasonable and box each of 45 and 40 xtp. Took R50 powder and brick of CCI 450 to trade(powder) but nothing I was interested in. Sold an o/u shotgun. Anniversary weekend so pretty good day. Gave 4 sleeves of LRM and SPP to friends to keep them loading until stores have more primers.

I went back today. I finished the upper level but played out before going downstairs. The guy with the Sako was gone and so was the rifle but I did pick up a really nice 40X Remington HB in 22LR. Saw Varget powder for $80 per pound and bricks of CCI Mini Mag for $300. I did see several nice rifles that weren't overly priced and some that I wondered if they were really for sale. LOL, I thought either rifle values are out of sight or I must be under pricing my stuff. I sold my Beretta Mato and actually broke even. I thought I did good. I usually "Buy High/Sell Cheap".

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI went back today. nobody would of guessed you were going to do that.
lol.gif

bricks of CCI Mini Mag for $300. for 5 boxes of 100 per box?

I usually "Buy High/Sell Cheap". i can relate to that.

I think we are starting to see prices flatlining right now and I think that because all the local classified where people are selling ammo and components for what was the going rate are reducing prices to actually move it. I guess people are finally sick of getting scr&wed over on purchases.

I drove to Tulsa from Nebraska 6-7 years ago to go the gun show I did find a few deals but the best part for me was reading the history on old guns that were on display

Its a good show but its difficult to see everything in one day. And even harder if your looking for small parts as the crowd just make looking very hard. But there is a very good possibility that its there if you have patience to look. In my younger years, I would make the upper and lower level. Now if I make it through just one I feel lucky. A 40X 22LR has been on my bucket list and I think I got a nice one at a decent price so it was worth the effort.

Back