Thermion 2 xp50 <25 vs Trail 2 xp50 LRF <40

varminter .223

Sounds like Pulsar is gonna replace my Trail xp50. Now I have a decision to make. Thermion 2 or pay a bit extra for a Trail 2 LRF. I like the Trail battery and platform and the LRF would be great. Only thing I'm not sure about is the thermal sensitivity. Anyone have experience with both?

Last edited:
Varminter, I don't have experience with both. I would look at how valuable you believe the LRF function and increased battery life is in comparison to the shape and form factor of the Thermion as well as potentially a slightly clearer image (some seem to say in high humidity). I know Pulsar makes a big deal of the

I'm definitely leaning heavily towards the LRF for reasons you state. Lrf also has a slightly lower click value of which they allow 2 full clicks for poi shift.

Last edited:
... I, personally, would buy the Thermion 2 XP50 .... because, observing the sales strategies of the Pulsar, the Trail 2 lrf XP50 PRO version could soon be released ..... as they did with the Helion 2 XP50 Pro which improved the Helion 2 XP50 (angering those who had just bought this ...)

Have a Trail XP50 LRF and have been very satisfied with it. Had a Trail XP50 first. No issues. Then got the Trail LRF. First one had a weird issue they struggled to understand. It would shut of the scope at times when I hit the LRF. I recorded it doing it with my cell phone and they had me send it in and replaced it with a new one in short order. I thought the LRF was much to do about nothing but use it quite a bit and find it very useful. The long lasting battery pack is a big plus. Love the wide FOV base mag for the terrain I hunt and the magnified PIP for the shot.

Back