Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3273479 - 03/12/21 10:58 AM Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time?
Meyerwy Offline

Loc: United States
I was always taught muzzle down when in a vehicle, but with a suppressor on, I would think it would be best if the muzzle was up, or do you unscrew your suppressor? Just seems like it would be possible to "jimmy" the threads or undue pressure on the can and barrel if muzzle is down.

#3273536 - 03/12/21 07:27 PM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
skinney Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Leave it on.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3273563 - 03/13/21 07:59 AM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
BobT Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Missouri Ozarks
I leave mine on, my truck guns are AR platform guns. I don't put the muzzle in the floor of the truck but lay the rifle (or pistol) on the console with the bolt open and a loaded magazine in the well. I can get into action pretty quickly when riding around the farm looking for hogs.

#3273571 - 03/13/21 08:41 AM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
coloradocelt Offline

Loc: Western Colorado
Leave it on.There is a chance of poi shift every time its removed and replaced. Main reason for muzzle down is so no solids from the suppressor end up in action of gun.

#3273824 - 03/16/21 09:56 AM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
Meyerwy Offline

Loc: United States
Thank you fellas for the comments, kind of a silly question but didnt know whats best.

#3274062 - 03/17/21 11:00 PM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
Pirogue Offline

Loc: Desert SW
I'm leaving mine on, and I had to buy a longer gun case, LOL. However, I did rotate my case on my quad to horizontal.

#3274671 - 03/24/21 10:04 PM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
BrianID Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: El Paso, TX/Idaho
I leave my suppressors on most of the time. I do occasionally moved them between different guns. I have not noticed any significant point of impact shift when I have it on, take it off and then put it back on. I have noticed a point of impact shift with it on vs off and sometimes very significant shift, depending on the gun.

#3275521 - 04/06/21 01:18 PM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: BrianID]
hydehunter Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: South Dakota
I have a pelican case and with the suppressor on the case is to short for transport so it has to come off

#3275579 - 04/07/21 11:53 AM Re: Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time? [Re: Meyerwy]
songdog Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Elizabeth.Colo.
I was taught "barrel down" in the vehicle also, BUT I have since learned that the barrel could be damaged by a rock or debris, so have adapted to barrel up, including suppressed barrel.
I leave the suppressors on until I switch them to a different host.

I tried to tell you to say NO to Joe and the Ho and you didn't listen. Well, down the hill we go thanks to you. Can't say I didn't try to tell ya.

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.