Taurus TX22

Yellowhammer

Staff member
I picked up one last week after reading a lot of reviews and watching a bunch of YouTube reviews. Just about everything I read and watched said it was very reliable and rated high.

So far with about 350-400 rounds through it, I have to say I am a little bummed. I have had a couple of issue: failure to feed, and a couple of failure to eject on fired rounds.

Most of the failure to feeds seem to be a magazine issue and predominantly one of the 2 mags that came with it. I even took apart and cleaned the bad performing mag.

So far I have shot Remington thunderbolt. One mag had a lot of problems. I shot a 222 box of Winchester 36 grain hollow points and had the same failure to feeds and at least 2 failure to eject. One jammed one ejection.

Remington golden 40 grain bullets seems to work best so far.

I am going to gets some gun/mag lube and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise I may have to send it back.

I have a Smith and Wesson M&P Compact 22 that is very reliable and I have had good luck with CCI standard velocity as well as subsonic. Hopefully you just need to find the right round for it. Problem right now is it's tough to find any ammo at all to experiment with. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. They are nice looking little guns.

A friend of mine where I used to live just got one of those last week. I do not know what kind of ammo that he has fired of it but he said that he can dump the 16 round magazine as fast as he can pull the trigger. He likes to take videos of himself firing his autos with brass flying through the air.

Hopefully yours will be better after a bit of sorting out. If not, send it back. I sent a gun back to Taurus once and they sent me back a brand new one. That one I will have over two decades later.

I have one and love it. I've found that the mags work better if you don't use the thumb tab on the follower. If you do, pull it down and let it slam the rounds up against the feed lips to correct the load angle. Mine has had the most problems light primer strikes, but it seems to be ammo related.

The only reason I still have one is I really like the way it shoots. Mine does not like to cycle the white box Federal. Had to go to CCI. Loading the mag is one giant pain in the butt.

Back