Bushnell customer service

why

It sucks. I emailed them and heard back about 2 wks later with an email telling me to call them. When I call I get a message to get online to explain my problem. I guess if they do this with everybody they never have to honor a warranty. Same with Primos. Buyer beware.

The one time i had contacted them, i had no issues. Sent in a scope that i had bought second hand and they replaced it no questions asked.

Hmm, that's weird. I had to send a scope in last year and when I called I got right through to an actual person in KS., He gave me shipping instructions, sent the scope off, and in about 2 weeks I had in back in hand, good as new.

Same with me re: Primos. Easy call, nice lady, perfect service. Maybe it's just you.
tt2.gif

I'm glad you guys had better service. They still suck as far as I am concerned. I got another email today saying the Covid has them backed up.

I had really good experience with Primos CS in MS until Covid impacted them last year. That pretty much disrupted everything. I had sent in my Alpha Dogg(backup caller) to be reprogrammed after a failed download off their website corrupted it in Mar 2020. After dozens of calls/messages etc I finally got it back in October and the remote couldn't find the speaker. Called Primos and was sent to Bushnell CS. Was promised a replacement would be sent...Jan 2021 Nothing still. Called again, this time I sent to Bushnell and it came back saying it was unrepairable and I would be given heavy discounts on the purchase of a new one at $181. I called and was explained that a new one would be sent overnight.. I just received it yesterday. I credit myself for getting the replacement (after they ruined mine) due to my refusal to accept the outcome and failed promises. Most would've never sat on the phone for accumulated hours re-explaining the history of my case to each new person who picked up the other end of the phone, their Supervisor etc..

I did get a replacement, however I wasted a LOT of time calling, waiting on false promises and ended up buying a used one off eBay in it's absence.. I like the A-Dogg in the late season when everyone else is still using their newer callers to scare the local dogs..lol

FWIW I also sent in 2 Banners to have Parallax reset to longer yardage(on my dime). I was called and told they had moisture inside(although both seemed fine to me) and offered 2 new similar models at discounted price of about 2/3 MSRP. My opinion is they don't want to stock parts for older models when they can sell you a new one at cost. In the end you wind up with a new piece of junk, they avoid doing any work and still make some money I'm sure.
A long way from the warranty that changed the industry with the Elite series..

Last edited:
Their new warranty is a limited life time, the true length varies by what the product is.

I am/was as big a Bushnell fan as you would find, a couple of friends the same way. Thousands of dollars in their optics between the three of us. We could give them a 4500 with premo Japanese glass and get a pop bottle lense back because the no longer repair anything but the Tactical line.

I have moved onto some of the Vortex line and Leupold.

I updated my earlier post to include more detail on the scopes I sent in. I agree with you 100% and also replaced all but 2 of my Elites(Fire Fly reticles on Rimfires) with other brands. This was a reaction to knowing that I would NOT want to purchase any of the newer scopes and fear of having to ever send in an Elite and getting an offer to replace it with junk..
I'm not saying their top of the line scopes aren't nice, but honestly there is nothing in their lineup that I would purchase over someone else's brand nowadays..

I had issues with a trail camera. Long wait to get through then told my story he seemed like all was OK. I waited several weeks with nothing happening. Called back, again long wait then spoke to a representative he found no evidence of my initial report. I gave him the reps name I spoke to..... his response we have several with that name working here. (I only had a first name). I told this rep my story and again I waited but nothing happened. I called again and ask for the supervisor. She filled out the report and I had the broken part in a couple weeks. I also complained on the original 2 reps. It’s all uncalled for. If they don’t want to warranty their junk don’t sell it.

I sent in a Bushnell Elite, got back a Forge. Dollar of dollar they were about the same but not in quality. I wanted the Elite repaired and they said no. Other than that, no problems here.

Back