Grendel/ARC type 2 bolt

Working on finishing out a 6mm ARC build, and need recommendations on which brand bolt to use. I know parts are kind of scarce right now, so options may be limited. Are there any brands to stay away from? I’ve used aero precision mostly in the past, but it looks like their stuff is all out of stock for the foreseeable future. I’m not in a big rush but just trying to gather what I can. Thanks

The Young Manufacturing bolt is the primo at this point. Heavier walls and lugs. His bolts are all I've bought in the last two years. He's selling the snot out of them with no negative feedback I've seen and talking to him three weeks ago he has had zero complaints. Ritch is recommending them in all his current builds.

Greg

Although I've not shot mine a lot, I'm using the one from Brownell's. You can sign up for an in-stock notification.

The 6.5 Grendel Monster bolts are another possible choice, visit the 6.5 Grendel forums for more information.

I just picked up a Ballistic Advantage BCG but have yet to actually receive it in hand.

Thanks for the replies. I will look into the ones mentioned. If I just buy the bolt instead of a whole BCG, I should be able to just change it out in one of my stag 556 bolt carriers right?

Originally Posted By: NChunter89Thanks for the replies. I will look into the ones mentioned. If I just buy the bolt instead of a whole BCG, I should be able to just change it out in one of my stag 556 bolt carriers right?

Yep...

Just ordered the Young Manufacturing HMB 6.5 Grendel/6mm ARC bolt this afternoon. I was able to talk to them for a few minutes about their stuff and decided to pull the trigger. Thanks everyone

Dang, I'm late to the party. I have an ARP type 2 grendel super bolt that I bought years ago and never used. I guess I'll hang onto it and see what it grows up to be.

Back