Bca side charger upgrade?

I'm guessing no one will buy a combo when a complete upper is 30 bucks more. Gives an opportunity for a fool to part with his money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I'm guessing no one will buy a combo when a complete upper is 30 bucks more. Gives an opportunity for a fool to part with his money.

amen to that. it'd be the route i'd go if i *needed* one, and sell off the barrel and whatever you didnt use.

thats what i did for my ARC build. bought a 16" grendel typeII upper before the prices went up to bad (pre-election), once i found a barrel... took her down, put a nice gb on and proper gas tube. insta upper.

I sent my unacceptable grouping 243 upper back a few month ago to them to check MOA. It didn’t pass their testing. They still have my upper sitting their waiting or a replacement barrel. I was told by John Timmy they are having a hard time getting replacement tooling for all calibers accept 5.56 and this is why they don’t have much to offer. I don’t know what his title is but had to sit on hold a long topics to speak with him so he must be higher up on the ladder. Seemed to be a pretty decent and honest guy. Once the 243 tooling comes in I was told my replacement upper would be sent back. I was told between March and May. I keep watching their emails to see if 243 comes back in stock so I can call abd ask if mines on the way back. I’m still not a fan of the side charging upper as I do a lot of hunting where it’s solid sand. I want a dust shield on my gun at all times and able to be able to instantly take my gun apart with no tools.

Last edited:
Old thread revived!
I just took delivery of a BCA gen2 side charge upper, 16” m4 223 wylde 1/8 barrel.
I put my favorite linear compensator on the end of it and a vintage Bushnell fixed 4x with a post reticle on top.
Selected for price…$219 delivered, a daily special. $219 for a complete side charging upper.
I ordered a PSA lower parts kit with an A2 stock and an Anderson lower. All told, under $425 in the Biden era.
Range report to follow.

I went to side charge 3 years ago.
This is my 16" 300 ACC Stoner upper with a pistol gas system.
Works with my 7,62 Specwar and 220gr Remington ammo.
Had no problem with 147-150gr ammo.
I just reset the ZERO profile in my ATN 4K.

66nNUP2.jpg

Back