Hawke Optics?

762x39

Has anyone had experience with Hawke? I'm taking a chance on their Vantage 4x16 AO rifle scope. The reviews seem good.

Had one of their $300 ones a few years ago. Nice scope, ended up selling it for something else. I honestly couldnt tell you the model. Glass seemed decent and it had a blue illuminated reticle which was kinda neat.

I have the 4x12x40 on my 17 hmr. Not a bad scope for the money. clarity is good. the range's set up in the scope seem to be right on for the hmr speed's.

I have maybe 6 of them, three are crossbow models. they are decent scopes for the money and built kinda heavy as far as weight. I have used them on muzzleloaders mostly and they have served me well.

I have a Frontier 30 on my AR. It is the 2.5-15x50 model with the TMR reticle. It listed for $750 but cameraland had them on close out for $340. At the asking price I wouldn’t buy it again, at the sale price I’d prolly buy a couple more. Nice finish, smooth power ring and parallax, excellent field of view and really clear glass. The downfalls would be the reticle is too thin for low light but I knew that going into it. The Illumination does not wash the lens on low power in low light so it works pretty good. The last thing is the turrets are very mushy. I have no intentions to turn turrets so it’s not a huge deal for setting it and leaving it. Overall I like the scope and it functions well.

I have had the 14161 vantage on my AR for probably 4 or 5 years. Had good glass, at least comparable to a Vortex diamondback. Seemed to track accurately when sighting it in. I would buy again, although I would go with a illuminated reticle though.

I have 4 of the Hawke scopes. They are a good value. Glass is good, air gun rated and tracking is on point. I have them on a couple of 450 bushmaster rifles and have no issues at all.
JM

Was at the range last weekend and guy next to me had a Hawke scope on a 50 cal. He only shot to 100 yards, so kind of a head scratcher all around, but to each their own.

Stay clear of the cheaper models! I had one that over time wouldn't hold zero & developed a hazy view. Not sure how there customer service is.

This is a copy and paste from Hawkes site:

HAWKE NO-FAULT LIFETIME WARRANTY
We've got you covered… for life.
When you buy your new Hawke scope or binocular, you're buying peace of mind… for life. In the event your product becomes damaged or defective we'll repair it at no charge to you. It doesn't matter how it happened or whose fault it was - we've got you covered.

The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty is only available directly through our US service centre.

The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty applies to rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars only. Range finders, cameras, mounts and other accessories are covered by our two year warranty. The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product. Occasionally we may replace your product with an equivalent of equal or better physical condition. Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018. Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only. Please retain your purchase receipt or you can register your purchase here.

Back