Ordering through silencer central

KjBeachy

Being I'm turning 21 soon, I can get the ball rolling on a supressor soon. I've been looking around, and saw silencer central. The buying process through the website seems fairly attractive, have any of yall used it?

I purchased a Varminter 4.0 (same as Banish 30) from them back when they were Dakota Silencer. This was when you still had to go through a class 3 dealer in your state. They were very responsive and worked hard to help me get my suppressor. I did use their free Trust and had no issues having anything approved other than that long wait. I filed in June and had the suppressor around April 1 of the following year. I love the suppressor.

I helped a family member go through Silencer Central's program on a 30 Banish and was VERY impressed by how simple and easy they made the whole process not to mention they were extremely helpful. I've gotta give them credit they have their program about as refined and simple as you can get.

I haven't used their new buying system but like DoubleUp I used their older process with the free trust. I have a Varminter 3.0 and 4.0 from them. They seem like a good company with a good product.

Their products are good, but I am on the fence whether I love how often you have to clean their suppressors. There are positives and negatives with having a suppressor you can clean. Overall, I am pleased with all the interactions I have had with them.

If you killed fewer coyotes, you wouldn't have to clean as often.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpIf you killed fewer coyotes, you wouldn't have to clean as often.
lol.gif
I guess that is true. That is a pretty easy trade-off, though.

I purchased from them in person on Sept 1 2020 and was pleased with how it went until I found out they sat on the paper work for 30 days before sending it to ATF when they said it would be to them in 2 weeks. I have no patience for people that say one thing then do another and the item was in stock, still waiting for ATF hopefully not much longer. but nice people and did a very good job threading 2 cooper rifles

A little late to the party here but I had a great buying experience with Silencer Central. I bought a Banish 30 and a Banish 22 at the same time from a SC booth at a show. The process was quick and painless and they took care of everything. My wait time was 8 months almost to the day and my suppressors were mailed directly to me. A young guy at work told me this week that he mad made a purchase on line and he had a similar experience to mine.

I think they need to get their customer service in line , a friend just told me yesterday that the first of Nov 2020 he went in and bought 2 Banish 30's they still have not given him his paperwork as of yesterday and they did not send his info to ATF until after the first of the year in January no wonder it takes so long to get a suppressor when the selling company sits on the paperwork for months, they need to get their act together.

I have had very positive and negative experiences with them. I think you have to take into account a few things:

1. My first can was delayed by two government shutdowns and other factors. Total time = 16 mos. However, the process is so easy. It is set up for a working guy to get a can. You get prints, photo, trust, and paperwork done all in house. Customer service is reasonable.

2. My second can is still in jail. I just passed 6 months a few days ago. The process was semi-easy because they had everything on file. My major complaint this go around was the inconsistency of information and staff members who know little to nothing about suppressors. Keep in mind that they have expanded considerably and large operations grow with pains.

I will still do business with them. They have not done wrong by me and one has to be patient and keep asking for information until you get it.

TC

my buddy purchased 2 from them the first week of Nov 2020, ATF said the paper work on one arrived in Jan 2021 and the second in Mar both bought and paid for the same day and was told they were in stock as of right now he is still waiting 9 months now. SS took months to send in the paper work not unusual I have read from others. and I have had poor customer service from them on my suppressor

Back