Super Hogster start up issues

Shooter222

Custom Call Maker
Is anyone else having issues with there super Hogster during start up?

The issue I’m having is as follows:

Good rechargeable batteries in the unit, a anker battery pack connected .

Turn on unit. Bering optics screen shows. Then clicks and goes to thermal screen . Then clicks and pip turns on. Then screen goes off.

If I unplug battery pack it starts just fine.

So- what I have been doing is turning it on with external pack unhooked, then after the series of clicks and nukes once crosshairs are there , I just hook up the battery pack.

I’m just putting feelers out to see if it’s just my unit or not.

I first want to put out a warning that Bering does not recommend rechargeables CR132s in any of the Hogsters. Yes, it works, but they worry about battery overcharging + weapon recoil. If using rechargeables, makes sure to change the Battery setting in the main menu to 3.7V.

As for the battery pack, I am stumped at the moment. What Anker pack are you using? Have you tried it with no CR123s?

The only thing to watch for is you may have to manually press the power button on the Anker pack to get it to start. Are you seeing the External Icon change in the scope when you connect the pack to the scope?

I have been using the same rechargable cr123 batts in my Hogster 35 since I got it over a year ago.
I have had zero issues with them, so far.

Yes, I changed the setting in the scope to 3.7v.

I am using them in the super Hogster now.

The battery pack I’m using is round anker 5000mAw. I have tried three of them and same issues on start up.

I have not tried it without the cr123 batts in unit.
I will have to try that.

Yes, the external symbol is in the top right corner at start up.

my sh has similar start up issues. sometimes I start it up while plugged in with anker and the icon will not switch to external pack. sometimes i plig pack on after regular startup and it turns unit off. idk. i just jummy with ot till everything works.

my hog 25 would turn on and off with the plugging of external pack. seems the sh has to be manually turned on and off after unplugged.

Rhett, you are correct that the 25 and 35 sense the battery is plugged in, and it starts up automatically and the icon will show automatically. They also will not turn off when connected to the battery pack. You have to unplug it from the battery pack to turn it off. Also if connected to a battery pack, you still need to go through the power down procedure to save settings. The unit will not power down, but going through the process saves the settings.

For the Super Hogster, you have to hit the power button on the pack as well as then power on the scope to start it up on external power. However, due to this, the SH can be powered down while connected to the battery pack. I actually prefer this. This is totally normal.

Shooter222, I am still not sure why it wouldn't be allowing you to power up the scope with an external battery connected. Make sure to activate the battery (press button on Anker) before trying to do so. I realize you don't have to on the 35, but you also can't power your 35 down while it is connected, so they act differently when connected to a power pack. Many 25 and 35 owners didn't like the fact they had to power down the unit by disconnecting, so Bering changed it on the Super Hogster. I personally prefer the way the SH handles battery pack power, but at the moment I can't think of any reason why it won't start while it is connected unless the button isn't activated on the battery. Might be worth a call to Bering, or maybe try a different USB-C cable.

Back