Do you leave your Suppressor on all the time?

Meyerwy

I was always taught muzzle down when in a vehicle, but with a suppressor on, I would think it would be best if the muzzle was up, or do you unscrew your suppressor? Just seems like it would be possible to "jimmy" the threads or undue pressure on the can and barrel if muzzle is down.

I leave mine on, my truck guns are AR platform guns. I don't put the muzzle in the floor of the truck but lay the rifle (or pistol) on the console with the bolt open and a loaded magazine in the well. I can get into action pretty quickly when riding around the farm looking for hogs.

Leave it on.There is a chance of poi shift every time its removed and replaced. Main reason for muzzle down is so no solids from the suppressor end up in action of gun.

I leave my suppressors on most of the time. I do occasionally moved them between different guns. I have not noticed any significant point of impact shift when I have it on, take it off and then put it back on. I have noticed a point of impact shift with it on vs off and sometimes very significant shift, depending on the gun.

I was taught "barrel down" in the vehicle also, BUT I have since learned that the barrel could be damaged by a rock or debris, so have adapted to barrel up, including suppressed barrel.
I leave the suppressors on until I switch them to a different host.

Back