AR 10 .243 suppressor

Okay, looking at getting a can for my AR10 .243 HM Defense Titan. I looked through the threads and see where many like the specwar 7.62 by silencerco. I see they were discontinued in 2016 and replaced by the sako. Is the sako as well liked as the specwar or did they change things and make it worse ? I know this will be opinionated but what suppressors are most running on.243’s. Repeatable accuracy, weight, db’s & not having to make whole sale changes to rifle to get it to run properly, are the main concerns. TIA

I'm running a TBAC 7" ultra 30 cal. on my .243 wssm with D-Tech upper/Shilen bull barrel. I'd guess that there are quieter options, like using a cal specific model in 9" Ultra for instance, BUT I have no POI change when I take the suppressor off and put it back on and just like shooting anything else suppressed, it's much more fun to shoot suppressed.

There's so many good choices in suppressors these days, pick one and roll with it.

I run Dakota Silencer Varminter 3.0 on my 22 Creedmoor. Virtually no first found pop, same point of impact from the first shot till your done. Dakota Silencer is now called Silencer Central, I just ordered one of their Banish 30. Nothing but good things to say about Silencer Central and their service.

I'll second what riverhunter says, Silencer Central has been beyond good to me. I highly recommend them.

Fwiw I have the 3.0 on a 243 AR10 and it works great with an adjustable gas block. No poi change taking it off and putting back on. Using it in a bolt gun is even sweeter.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the information and thoughts. I’ve looked on silencer central and do not see one called the varmiter 3.0. Did the banish 30 possibly take its place? Again TIA

Originally Posted By: catfishlouieThanks guys for the information and thoughts. I’ve looked on silencer central and do not see one called the varmiter 3.0. Did the banish 30 possibly take its place? Again TIA

The way I understand it the Banish 30 has taken the place of the Varminter 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0.

https://www.banishsuppressors.com/history/

That is correct the Banish 30 took place of the Varminter Cans. I don't have mine yet but if its even the same as the Varminter 3.0 I will be completely happy with it.

Banish 30 is modular, meaning it can be configured to 7” or 9” and is a direct thread onto host weapon.

Banish Gold is fixed at 8.2 inches I believe is what their website says. It is also set up for quick detach instead of direct thread.

Only pros I can see is that it is a little shorter than the 9” setup, and it may be a little quieter since it has more baffles in it.

Cons-each host gun will need a muzzle break that is made for the suppressor to attach to, which adds to the already high price if you need more than what is supplied with original purchase.

I have a Varminter 4.0 that is direct thread and after using it for a few years I wouldn’t spend the extra for the gold. With that being said I ordered another Banish 30 2 weeks ago!

Back