Lee Loadmaster Setup Issue

svt tactical

I have loaded exclusively on a Forster Co-Ax for many many years. Recently picked up a lee loadmaster 223 package to volume load some. Setting it up as instructed. Running into a problem with the FLS die. Installed in the Lee Loadmaster station 1 the cases stick in the die. I've lubed them and adjusted the die numerous times but always sticks. I did remove the die and installed into my Co-Ax and it works fine making me think its not the die but an adjustment issue. I'm tightening down all the way to contact the shellplate and then no more than 1/4" turn as directed.

Any clue why it continues to stick using in the lee but not the co-ax?

No, haven't determined anything yet. I was lubing inside and outside of cases just trying to figure out something that would work. Used dry imperial lube and also lee lube they sent with kit.

Contacted lee and they think maybe the shellplate is out of spec causing the cases to pull out and stick...... want me to ship my plate and sample of cases to them to check.... will only take 6-8 weeks according to the support ticket to know something... SMH

Most likely going to just buy another shellplate and see if that improves it, going to determine if there is a slightly smaller shellplate that a 223 case will slide into other than the 4s.

and if I still cant get it run may try to change it over to load 300BLK without issues.

And last resort is I'll fleabay this press and get on the waitlist for a dillon like I should have done already.

Last edited:
try backing that die out a bit. ... just so its touching the shellplate. you're not supposed to do the extra quarter turn with any of the lee progressive ones - toadmaster included.

you cant over-cam like you can with a single stage with those... you're probably causing that shellplate to flex. that may be causing your binding/sticking in the FL Sizing die..

Not related to THAT press but...
I do all my case prep (size/deprime) on a single stage even when I'll be loading on my progressive.

Not sure on the die issue, but you need to go to the Loadmaster Zone site and look at their setup ideas. I used a Load Master for a while and the only way I could get the primer system to work right was to put a universal recapping die in station 1 and install the size die with recapping stem out of the die in station 2. I was only using the Load Master to load handgun calibers.

Back