What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Stopped at the cal ranch store in Goodyear and saw a box of 100 ,32 grn hrndy 20 cal for 18.00.Other than some 338 bullets that was the only box of bullets there so picked them up. I’ll use them some day.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobIn the last two days I removed the shot from 228 factory shotgun shells so I can make duplex loads with Federal High Density BB shot, Winchester Xtended Range #4 shot and TSS #7 shot for hunting geese.

28 shells will be loaded up with 1-1/4 oz of TSS #4 shot for coyote loads.

One duplex load will have 1 oz of Federal High Density BB shot and 3/8 oz of TSS #7 shot.

The other duplex load will have 7/8 oz of Federal High Density BB shot with 1/2 oz of Winchester Xtended Range #4 shot.

Yesterday I got the TSS shot that I ordered so I will start weighing shot and re-crimping the 228 shells that I removed the shot from.

Started a decapping job on about two hundred range pick up pieces yesterday. Now it's decrimping them today and getting them into the pin wash.

I converted a few of my lead free 6DTI handloads into 4x fired cases. Does that count?
51004935251_9180659d64_c.jpg

Before pic.
50821996318_bcb776d3c5_c.jpg

Had to do some running today so I stopped at a few of the local shops.

Saw 8 lb jug of Lil-gun, couple large jugs of CFE BLK and a 4 lber of W231. Lots of other but none of the popular stuff.

Sportsmans had some oddball ammo including two boxes of .25-35 for $38. Who knew it would be cheaper and easier to find .25-35 vs .30-30??

Bass Pro was pretty wiped out, the did have some 124 gr XTP 9mm and some barnes 6.5mm. I left them for someone else, but bought a box of Nosler 140 gr .270 bullets.

Powder Valley did a powder drop and while I couldnt check out with the 6 or 8 lbs of Win 244 I need, I did manage an 8 lb jug of Win STABALL powder, 10 lbs of AA#9, and 5 lbs of longshot. Neighbor needed some #9 and I am gonna test the other two.

Ordered 4 10ga brass 2 5/8" cases for an 1870's 10ga upland sxs I acquired last week. I need to find if it is really a 10ga or 11ga before I start investing in components. It is 150 yrs old but the chamber measurements seem tight for a 10ga but the past owner said he fired it with 10ga RST shells and then put it in the safe. Looking forward to loading up some light 1 1/8 oz loads to hunt birds and some 1 1/8 oz BB's for a coyote or two next season.

Last edited:
Processed 237 9mm brass , sized, cleaned and primed. Load tomorrow. Visited Sportsmans and found nothing I needed. They did get in a variety of projectiles.

Scored 4 lbs of N320 for the 9mm loads ive been wanting to make. Also some SW buffalo rifle to try in some reduced lever action loads and SW Blackout for a project gun in the works. 500 shotgun wads for my first shotgun loads, guess I might as well go down that rabbit hole

Worked on a load for the new 94AE. Worked up to 35 gr Lever with the 160 ftx for 2275 fps and 2moa groups at 150 yds. Groups seem huge when you're used to clover leafs out of ar's and bolt guns, but it's plenty good enough for a 200 yd deer rifle.

Also continued my fruitless search online for more Lever.

Got a set of 6.5 Creedmoor dies and lightweight bullets for the kid rifle. Should be able to work up a nice coyote/plinker load over the summer so the youngest can get some more trigger time before next fall.

Just rerolled 200 rds of 357sig. Out of powder & projos at same time so back to BMG trimmer build. Have enough powder to reroll all my brass for that.

Found a new MEC sizemaster in 12ga the other week buried behind some stuff at the local shop.

They even had some shotgun powder. Got me 2lbs of Clays and a pound of International.

I had a 1000 209's and 75lbs of shot already from the 16ga I hardly shoot. I traded some 10/22 magazines for some 250 Remington hulls and 750 wads to a guy at work that inherited a ton of shot shell stuff from his dad.

50 more to stuff then I have to pack everything up before we move to a new house.

All my center fire is loaded already.

Not exactly reloading but I picked up my BSA Tech Star after getting new rings/seals and screwed the moderator on it when I got home. I see pigeons having issues shortly.

Greg

Took delivery of a some powder and am currently decapping mixed .44 Mag brass to make some .44 Special spec-ed loads to try tomorrow.

Last edited:
Found a very good, economical .44 load. 6.2 grs of Hercules Red Dot (out of the old school steel 3 lb drum lol), a S&B Large Pistol primer from when I was shooting a good bit of .45 Auto. Price on the primers were marked at $20 for a brick
frown.gif
Bullets were a no-name 240 gr Lead SWC with one lube groove. Got them in a big lot of other stuff a while back.

These clocked in at an average of just shy of 850 fps. Perfect! Decent accuracy too, I am sure they would shoot better than my off hand ability. Got about 450 of them loaded now, heres the first 250 of them. Finished with a medium crimp from the Lee FCD. I dont know how I ever loaded straight wall casings without a FCD. Well worth the $13

IDdrNCf.jpg

Last night I trimmed a bunch of 223 and 308 brass me and my son in law shot last weekend. Brownwells has 224 valkyrie brass in stock so I bought 200 of those today. Waiting until this weekend to empty some more brass.

Back