Yet another CZ question

pyscodog

I found a 527 American in a local shop today. Its 22 Hornet with a 3-9x50 Leupold Rifleman scope. Very nice shape and looks like it hadn't seen a lot of usage. My question is it has a orangeish looking laminate stock on it. Looks factory but I can't confirm it. I even called CZ and they say it isn't factory to his knowledge, but he couldn't say for sure. Like maybe, maybe not. Really not much of an answer to me. I didn't think to look at the recoil pad to see if it might have been after market. They want $800 out the door and I think I might talk them down a bit more when I start laying cash on the table. The price doesn't bother me as much as the stock question???? Could it be a special run or something of that nature??

That's good to know. Thanks!

It must not have seen but use for as clean as it is. May have to go back tomorrow and do a little haggling.

Yeah, Bud's Guns sold those colored laminated-stock 527s some years back. At least they were listed on their website, but always seemed to be "out of stock". May have been some other 527 chamberings and colors offered, too. Not sure if they were dealer specials exclusive to Bud's, or maybe a run of only a couple of years, such as my Kevlar Varmint was.
CZ-USA has been known to experiment with some with their offerings - for example, those Mexican-market .222 Varmints they brought in a couple years ago; a used one sold on Gunbroker recently.

The scope in today's market would probably go for $200-$300, maybe more depending on who is bidding that day. If you could get em to come down, I say go for it.

Be aware they are a 1-16 twist. I had one for about a year. It would run the regular Hornet type bullets but not a modern sleek bullet. Key holes at 50 yards.

It is a factory stock, My understanding is they did a limited run of two laminate colors. There was this one and a grey laminate, and they were only done for a couple of years.

Back