6.5 grendel coyotes

6mm06 uses one. He had some runners but they didn't go far. He just switched bullets and had a DRT on his last one. He will chime in I'm sure.

I tried it with 100gr Nosler Custom Comps at about 40 yards and about turned him inside out and had to toss him. Need to find another bullet that isn't quite so destructive as I try and save fur.

Mini Howa 6.5G Meopta Artemis 1.5-6x40, the crazy pose is so the picture would be at least presentable.
lxw5tD.jpg

I've shot some coyotes with my grendel; sure enough gets them dead. I have used the 95 vmax on all of them and it can be rough on fur if that is something that you are considering. I have killed some out quite a little further than I normally shoot with my 223 or 17-223. Mine is fairly accurate for what it is, (an M4 style AR) and is easy to carry and handy to use. If you just want them dead it should work great for you if you shoot it well.

Last edited:
There is a guy with a youtube channel (Carpe Sus) that kills a lot of hogs and some coyotes with the 6.5 grendel with thermal.

He mostly seems to use 120 grain core locks for hogs.

I have one (Howa in a MDT LSS chassis), haven't hunted it yet but the predator load is a 90gr Nosler Varmageddon Tipped at around 2850 fps. I don't expect it to be fur friendly!

Back