6mm Creedmoor to 22 Creedmoor?

Bran7

Good evening everybody, I am sending a rifle off to get a 22 Creedmoor barrel put on it and getting everything needed for reloading 22 creedmoor. With reloading supplies being scarce I couldn't find any specific 22 Creedmoor brass. I was told to just get 6mm brass and neck it down. I have always purchased specific brass to what I am reloading for and sized it to spec. Just curious if anyone has any tips going from 6mm to 22 Creedmoor? I was told I might possibly have to anneal it? I appreciate any tips or guidance! Happy hunting

what dies do you have? If you have 6mm dies I would size them in it without the expander. Then use Redding bushing dies to size it down to the neck diameter you want. I would suggest anealing it also

I was told to pick up the 22 Creedmoor dies, so I found the RCBS neck bushing set online. Along with a 22cm hornday full length sizer I have.

I have been doing that for 3 years now with my 22 creed. I started with whidden dies but recently switched to hornady. Just pull the decapping rod out and run the 6mm creed through the 22 creed sizing die. I know others have used bushings but i never did. Good luck

I've not had to neck down 6mm to 22cm, but it should be as simple as running it through the 22cm FL die, or the bushing die. I want to say I use a .251 bushing on mine, but don't quote me on that! I am not near my reloading bench right now. You may have to turn the necks down in diameter if your chamber is tight on clearance, the 6mm will give you thicker case necks than true 22cm brass

Back