350 legend

turkeyguy

Any one reloading for 350 legend?. I know primers and powder and brass is in short supply. Looking for suggestion's for deer season next year.

starline just had a run of brass on the site a couple days ago... just checked and its still available.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/350-legend

im seeing regular reports of maker shipping bullets - both the 150 and 180's. folks seem to be having great luck with them.

i got stalled by a damaged trigger causing cycling issues and didnt get to do my development with the 165 ftx - which is my intended bullet to use with it. i wasnt planning to hunt with the legend this year anyway, i still need to get blood on my grendel so no biggie overall. my plan is 7½'s with a stout load of lil-gun. our hunting spot doesnt usually get cold enough for LG to get flaky during firearm season, plus i hunt from a box blind with a heater... so ambient temps "inside" are typically in the 50's with me sitting there wearing an unzipped hoodie. so less temp wonky stuff to worry about if it gets chilly. i'll also work a h110 load just in case we do get a unseasonably cold deer season one of these years.

we had a couple deer taken this year with the 150gr win super-x factory loads. very effective, quick clean kills with them. both the uppers that were shooting them absolutely loved them... big dirty cloverleaf's at 100 yds.

Buy the starline brass, the used brass that I bought had crimped primer pockets and needed swaged.

I bought a Midway 18 inch barrel and put it on an AR.

The starline brass is supposed to be thinner in the neck and would chamber easier with a larger bullet.

I size my cast bullets to .356 and have good results. I load H110 or Win 296 with good results.

Shot a 150 class whitetail thos fall at 200 steps with cast and powdercoated bullet, hi shoulder shot and took him off his feet.

For Iowa laws, it could not have worked better
All the best,
Ray

Fwiw I have experience with 2 bca 350 legends that shoot good enough with winchester deer season xp 150 that it isn't worth loading for them. Mine shoots exceptionally well. My buddies is almost as good. My 450 busmaaters are the same way with Hornady custom and black. These get shot very little though.

Last edited:
Back