2 new Thermal Vids

Gman757

I have been hunting a corn drop in an open field the last few nights and managed to kill a few hogs for the landowner.

The first night I ran the caller using Glenn Guess sounds and I had a boar come up at my eight o'clock position from the direction I was hunting. I was facing a wood line about 175 yards across a field where the hogs had been entering from and got surprised by this boar. I just happened to scan to my left and picked him up coming in down the edge of the woods behind me. There is open field beyond this point of woods and I have no idea where he came. This has happened several times calling hogs and I have learned to scan all around as they come in from the downwind side to the caller a lot of times.

It looks like I did not hit this boar but found him the next day about 30 yards in the woods.

BZFdu2q.jpg

The next night the sounder I was hunting came in from the wood line across the field to the corn drop as I expected. I left the hogs approaching in the video to show how they hang back and let a few "scouts" venture into the field to check things out. Luckily they did not spook...... I was standing in the open behind a camo cloth blind about 4 feet high with a full moon. I killed 3 out of the group.

Last edited:
Good work, good shooting. I like how that group just came in like they were on a string. Dead pigs are good pigs.

I got on a sounder last night, killed a boar, 2 sows, and 6 piglets. Pretty dang good for one stalk. Got to try out my new Two Vets tripod and 55 ball head with ARCA mount. It worked really good. Light and easy to carry with the rifle mounted up. 400 yard stalk, no problem. Sets up and shoots very solid too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEGreat vids Gman! Still using the IRD I see..You still have that 8 wheeled hog mobile?

LOL.... I sold the ARGO amphib to a guy in Jacksonville, FL a few years ago and replaced it with a 4 wheeler.

gILzq5c.jpg

Back